Author Topic: oil pump help  (Read 2252 times)

leekeefy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
oil pump help
« on: 13:34, Mon 23 May 2011 »
has an aftermarket oil pump ever been made or has it only ever been a repair kit,i've located a new oil pump through my local supplier,are the 5 turbo 1's different pressure ect?

Lee

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: oil pump help
« Reply #1 on: 19:12, Mon 23 May 2011 »
Having a look at the pictures of the oil pump in the Haynes book i would say the turbo one is different.

The repair kits should contain new gears, that's all that wears as far as i know? Unless the body of the pump is badly scored.

Looking at the spare pumps i have the worst place for wear is the teeth that connect with the camshaft.

EDIT - CGB sell them, but at a price. http://www.cgbmotorsport.net/oil-pump-c ... -219-p.asp

fordy

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20:57, Mon 23 May 2011 »
make sure you get a turbo oil pump the campus ones dont flow enough

oh and renault want 300-400plus vat and even then they dont know if they can get one as france wasnt even showing

cgb was the only place i found cheap and easy to source from even my local motorfactors couldnt source me one  :(

leekeefy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:45, Tue 24 May 2011 »
are the campus 1's visually different?,

my store is very good for sourcing parts so providing it looks the same as the 1 i've got off i'm hoping i'll be ok,as for reno they're 344 but i'm a renault supplier so i'm just over 275 for it.

Lee

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16:17, Tue 24 May 2011 »
Quote from: "leekeefy"
are the campus 1's visually different?,

my store is very good for sourcing parts so providing it looks the same as the 1 i've got off i'm hoping i'll be ok,as for reno they're 344 but i'm a renault supplier so i'm just over 275 for it.

Lee

The Gt turbo oil pump is visually different to the one pictured in the Haynes book.

leekeefy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19:25, Fri 27 May 2011 »
Waht a load of crap!!! :evil: ,oil pump for alledgedly a 5 turbo arrived today,totally different from the 1 i took off,why do people try to pass things off a what theyre not,it even said the applications on the box with no mention of turbo's,the body size is a lot smaller than the turbo 1,back to the drawing board,no chance of even putting a repair kit in as it looks like someones took to it with i grinder :cry: