Author Topic: Living with a GT Turbo everyday  (Read 2215 times)

Milwall

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Living with a GT Turbo everyday
« on: 23:05, Thu 12 May 2011 »
I am currently looking for my first GT Turbo and was wondering what they are like to live with as an everyday car.  Are they problematic cars to drive everyday or if you find a well looked after one will you be relatively hasslee free. Any thoughts on this would be grate.

Cheers

andybond

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Living with a GT Turbo everyday
« Reply #1 on: 08:34, Fri 13 May 2011 »
I drove mine everyday for a year.

there not too bad. But can stress you out when bits fail.

s3irios

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:35, Fri 13 May 2011 »
You actually DO need to sort things and possible problems out as soon as you purchase it. ANd ofc that emans a thorough check of all the car. Regular oil change, respect it aespecially on the matter of temperature, meaning if it's too cold or too hot don't stress the turbo etc etc...
If you do some regular checks you'll be fine, AND youre gonna love the "going" as much the "leaving" from work too! :P

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:44, Fri 13 May 2011 »
I would say the exact same as above, I drove mine everyday for a year too, only bad thing I found waz it hard to start last winter but it waz coldest I can remember wi all that snow!

BabyBluGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:47, Sat 14 May 2011 »
Mines a daily and aslong as you dont abuse it all the time they aint too bad. When you get it have it fu..y checked over unless its been owned by someone who really knows what their doing.

smithyr5gt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16:53, Sat 14 May 2011 »
I think if you leave them sort of standard apart from the cooling. Then there fine. Brought mine and drove her 326 miles home. Didn't miss a beat.

Wasn't till I blew the turbo and put a bigger one on that I then started spending more and more money.

Think If I had left her alone and not goten so exited about the speed and handleing she would still be fine now.

I'd say get one as long as ur happy with not wanting more from it! Lol
YOU KNOW THE WHITE ONES ARE FASTER!!!

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17:03, Sat 14 May 2011 »
There fine for daily use, a bit of a firm ride and the clutch and steering are heavy compared to modern cars.

Reliability wise there ok, if you rag it silly all the time then it's going to break but that's true of a lot of cars.

Helps a lot if your handy with the spanners and keep an eye on the general condition of the car.

Milwall

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18:06, Thu 19 May 2011 »
Cheers everyone, the input is much appreciated, you just sold it to me I promised myself I wouldn't buy a Renault again after the trouble I had with my Megane but I said I would make an exception for 5 GT Turbo and a 3L V6 Clio. I got rid of my car yesterday so it looks like i'm on the hunt out for a nice unmolested and well looked after 5. Anyway thanks again and i'll let you know how I get on.