Author Topic: Message for Newbies !!  (Read 49206 times)

PhoenixAutosport

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Message for Newbies !!
« Reply #75 on: 22:16, Mon 28 February 2011 »
Hi there, I'm Carl, I run Phoenix autosport and had a 5 turbo back in the mid 90's was by far the most fun car I have ever had (and I have had a lot of quick cars) looking to find another for a weekend toy and to attend meets and shows

B XX ADI

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 00:10, Wed 09 March 2011 »
Hello, my name is Adi and I'm from Romania, i'm the owner of a Renault 5 GTT with f7P engine, I'm sorry for my English.

lee_cue

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 11:09, Thu 02 June 2011 »
Hi. Just joined after a life of admiring and desperately needing a 5gt.
My life has been so incomplete and there is a void that needs to be filled!
Hope you are all well

mcginley123

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 11:40, Fri 29 July 2011 »
hi ma names dan im from norfolk :P any 1 else out there from around here i recently purchased a 1989 renault 5 gt turbo :) just gt to get it on the road now :P

e737wgj

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
New on the forum
« Reply #79 on: 16:50, Sun 21 August 2011 »
Hi Guys Im Jason, im new to the forum but not to renault 5s. Ive owned 4 so far a TR, TL,  gtt but it never ran it was my first bought as an amature from a rip off garage with a blown head and a promise to fix but never did  :evil:  and my current a proper working model, which ive owned for the past 7yrs but never managed to get it properly on the road till now, due to time and money restraints as well as ongoing problems.

But none the less im here now, i knew the day would come when i could have that baby on the road, legal AND most of all Working!!!

so heres where im at. Got it out my folks garage back in April to get it mot'd what started as a few hundred pounds turned out to be failure on two pages and a shed load of welding.
1200 poorer and 6 weeks later, new mot and tax. I then had to have an alarm before bringing it home as every one ive owned has been raped! so i opted for a viper pager alarm 300 including fitting extra switches etc. its basic but does the job. so far no problems....touch wood.

the biggest ongoing problem ive faced for the past two months was trying to get the thing to run properly. been running rich, juddering etc, long story short lol after numerious trials and errors and more at the garage not to mention hours on the forum, i finally solved it!
turns out the previous owner tried to modify the carb to a ''group A'' and changed the main jet to a 1.5 without any other mods! also got the a few of the diaphrams on the side the wrong way round etc. Thanks to Bob and Jay @ cgb its now all solved!

so motor is running much better needs a few minor adjustments, now i have to get the boost working properly.
ive got a group a set up but i think its loosing pressure somewhere and its showing negative pressure on the gauge. I need a diagram so anyone that can help, it would be much appreciated

neways its good to be on the forum and i look forward to meeting u guys and coming out to a few runs etc

tc

joseffdaddy

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 20:45, Sat 10 September 2011 »
hi,brilliant website,keep it up :o

Jack88

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 23:36, Wed 14 September 2011 »
Hi, Im Jack and I have recently got hold of an 88 black gt turbo completely standard apart from a sunroof
Work has started on getting it back to mint  :wink:

shanakar

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 09:59, Mon 19 September 2011 »
Hi all. I'm Petros, from Australia and I am 29 years old. Look forward to getting to know some of you here. :)

compact

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 17:07, Mon 26 September 2011 »
Hi everyone!
Im from Croatia and im driving white R5 GTT '89.
 :D

5teve22gt

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 11:48, Mon 02 January 2012 »
Hi all
Bought my first 5 in Nov after wanting one for years.
Planning full restoration to standard spec,first job is sills both sides gone got them on order will post some pics later.
Any advice on sills would be appreciated car is otherwise rot free!
Happy New Year
Steve

shockhorror

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 14:55, Mon 16 January 2012 »
hi im steve and i own a r5 turbo

tooks

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 00:24, Sat 25 February 2012 »
hi my names dean just finished restoring my phase 2 r5 to original spec in pearl white it looks the dogs!

jero_13

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 19:38, Tue 03 July 2012 »
hi, my name is matej and i am from Slovenia.

I'm currently working on a renault 5 project. :)

this is how she stands at the moment

And this ih how i hope she willl look :)

gammaman

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
g'day alll
« Reply #88 on: 20:29, Mon 30 July 2012 »
i've always been a big fan of the r5's and got the opportunity 6 months ago to buy one  :D
i'm an englishman living in australia so these cars are pretty rare over here !!
my local renault dealer here cannot do anything without part numbers.
i'm after rear wheel bearings at the moment but can't seem to find the part number on the net ??
i know i can get parts of e.bay and sent over from the u.k  but i'd rather try here first to save on postage and waiting time.
anyone know a website where i can get r5 part numbers or no the number for rear wheel bearings for an 87 r5 ?
cheers

booster5

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uniquegraphicinstallations.co.uk
« Reply #89 on: 02:33, Mon 07 January 2013 »
Hi guy

im Rob, from the northampton area (i know poor me). how are you all? im on the rtoc as ren_5hitbox, i dont talk much but read every post lol. currently have a campus which will one day have something done to the engine (no idea what route yet).

ive wanted a 5 since my cousin owned one when i was a lad and he used to take me out through the town and drag everyone whilst listening to sneaker pimps 'spin spin sugar' :/

i also am self employed doing vehicle wraps and graphics for a living, some of my work has featured on top gear and 5th gear but maybe i will go on about that in a new thread

anyway.... enough about me, hope to hear from some new enthusiasts and would be good to have a midlands meet or something sometime???

stay safe  :D be cool  8)
boost really does get you laid