Author Topic: Why do people ruin them ?  (Read 2296 times)

MATT BLACK

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Why do people ruin them ?
« on: 10:29, Wed 06 April 2011 »
Ok - the Renault 5 Cabriolet wasnt the prettiest car in the world to start off with but why kit it up and paint it yellow.

There was a VW advert a few years back and it stated ....... "Some things are best left alone", damn good advice if you ask me !!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-5-GT-TURB ... 230fb89183

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Why do people ruin them ?
« Reply #1 on: 10:52, Wed 06 April 2011 »
lol, it's not even technically a convertable now - it's permanently converted! :P

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:50, Wed 06 April 2011 »
Quote from: "5-Mission"
lol, it's not even technically a convertable now - it's permanently converted! :P

really....that is completley pointless, what with the brittish weather, u will prob only be able to drive it a couple of times per year!   I do quite like it tho :mrgreen:

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13:35, Wed 06 April 2011 »
Quote from: "Phase2-tungy-gtt"
 I do quite like it though :mrgreen:

:lol:  :lol:  i dont think the person who put this thread up wanted to hear this, i personally dont like it but im not bothered that people play around with there cars if thats what they want to do then thats up to them, it would be boring if everyone had the same looking car imo.

fordy

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15:32, Wed 06 April 2011 »
that poor car  :( i'd love to see it saved but thats alot of work to fix....

Think i'll stick to removing the rear windows when its really hot in the summer  8)

Gareth Edwards

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13:47, Thu 07 April 2011 »
i wish people would just leave them standard...the way they should be!!! i understand people like different things but i personally think that the 5gtt is a classic and should be left alone.

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23:15, Thu 07 April 2011 »
Although it does look like they've done a good job of it, it really has been raped within an inch of it's life! :lol:

Billiam

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19:13, Sat 09 April 2011 »
I remember when that 'conversion' was done, a fair few years ago.  The car was in a very bad way, and the original soft-top was ruined way beyond repair.  As new R5 soft-tops aren't exactly common, the guy (I can't remember his name), decided to do something to keep it on the road, instead of scrapping it.

It's not to my taste either, but it's a very rare car that could have/maybe should have been scrapped.  Plus, the guy who did it was a bit of a loony  :lol:
Been around these cars for too damn long!