Author Topic: turbo boost  (Read 1942 times)

rich

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
turbo boost
« on: 21:46, Sun 20 March 2011 »
hi im very new to r5gtt but i got a ex track car running full fordge engine bigger wastegate t28 turbo massive intercooler group a carb bleed valve list goes on it was running at 20 psi so i got told buy previous owner couldnt really tell other than it went like shit so i changed to boost gauge to one that reads up to 30 psi now when i put it on and drove the car the gauge went up to 27 psi with a t 28 turbo comes in late 4500 rpm but pulls then holds back is this cause its running to much boost iv tried adjusting the bleed valve shut it all to gether and yhe lowest iv had is 20 psi now i dont want to muck about about with it too much been told that id have to give it alot of abuse to blow it up due to being fordged but im not taking the risk and also the previous owner said he set it up on rolling road to the point it was backfiring off load i want to know why it pulls the holds back then pulls again is this common thanks any help will be helpful its running 310 bhp on previous dyno

BabyBluGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: turbo boost
« Reply #1 on: 15:34, Mon 21 March 2011 »
Is that 310bhp proven?! If i was you i would wait for a reply from some of the 5 wizards before you touch ANYTHING else lol. Hope you get it sorted mate :)

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17:17, Mon 21 March 2011 »
Straight away i see you got a grp A carb, i can tell you now mate a grp A carb will not fuel correctly for the sort of boost your running and i bet its leaning out,very damgerous. No matter what internals you have a lean mixture will melt any engine.

The holding back does sound like its poss leaning out and the carb is emptying, they won't normally hold back once on boost. You need to see what the fueling is like first mate before doing anything.
It backfiring when lifting off throttle doesn't sound good either mate, as say before i bet that carb isn't jetted right
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19:08, Mon 21 March 2011 »
As above really.

It doesn't matter if your bottom end is cast, forged or gold plated with a cherry on top. If the fuelling is wrong then something is going to break.

dikky5

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19:21, Mon 21 March 2011 »
i always get nervous hearing group a carb...... i always remember he threads saying do these exist lol.... for a c1j the set up at 30psi on a t28.... your bound to have running issues if fuelling isn nailed on!! id rather run a good set up at a lower boost and get better longevity/ reliability from the car.....

rich

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14:13, Sat 26 March 2011 »
310 bhp proven on previous dyno and yeah think fuel ids a problem well iv now had actator set up perfect on dyno and now running 18 psi which is so much better pulls alot smother and no holding back now
now fitting dimma or skeets kit to it with carisma rear spoiler and old skool kingdom front bumper

MATT BLACK

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19:55, Sat 26 March 2011 »
310 bhp ???

Would love to see the RR print out

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14:14, Sun 27 March 2011 »
Don't take afence to this mate but dyno prints outs don't mean too much, if the rollers are out or not set correctly then readings are going to be all over the place.

310bhp is very hard to get and requires some specific tuning to get to that, with off the shelf bits (tuners bits so to speak) around 240bhp is the limit.

If you had boost turned down and its not holding back then sounds like carb was emptying of fuel, not good at all. Least you got it turned down, best off having the fueling checked though mate.
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.