Author Topic: The new campus project!  (Read 6940 times)

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
The new campus project!
« on: 13:54, Sun 20 March 2011 »
i had to part with my gtt but still wanted a r5 so i bought a mint campus with low millage and good condish, i fancy having a n/a car for abit aswel getting abit fed up with the unreliabity of the gtt engine, basicy you never see campus' that have had the standad engine tuned which is suprising as there really nippy for a 1400cc! my plan engine wise is to put a gtt head and rail on it, uprated gasket and bolts, piper cam 285 ajustable cam, r1 carbs, full exhust system, uprated pump and fuel regulator and i recon the car will fly! for the moment ive bought coilovers but havnt fitted them yet becuse im getting new discs and pads for the gtt hub before fitting and will find some gtt wishbones aswell, but have put some 40mm lowering springs on standard shocks and lowered rear beam, put gaz shocks on rear aswell. ive started putting gtt bumpers on, and have sprayed them and the pannels on the back matt black, and have put bright yellow tints on the foggs, it looks quite good!, my plan is to spray the sides and arches and cut the side pannels so the kit slots around it and get the pannels sprayed the same colour as the car (dark blue) and have got some gtt speedlines in black with new tryes all round, as for the interiour ive just fitted the steering wheel and glovebox but i want to put clio 172 seats in all round and a big rev counter sitting on the top of the dash and a few dials around, maybe change the carpet not sue yet.
 i will put pics up as soon as my freind uploads them, and any advice or input would be cool!

Gav

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: The new campus project!
« Reply #1 on: 08:39, Wed 23 March 2011 »
my first 5 was a campus sounds good mate!

01mlacey

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23:50, Wed 23 March 2011 »
biKE CARBS IS THE WAY FORWARD :mrgreen:

gt alan

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14:29, Thu 24 March 2011 »
ive got a campus atm my self which will soon be converted to gtt but prob run an f7p engine, good luck with it mate bike carbs will sound savage

btw whats the difference in the wish bones from campus to gtt???

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13:48, Sun 27 March 2011 »
just getting the whole car painted :) its going to be black with ford focus rs green 13" speedlines :) cant wait, it should be done tomorow and ill upload all the pics :)
yh i had a campus as my 1st 5 and i lowered it and put a turbo carb on, made quite abit of difference so bike carbs should be nuts!, im trying to get about 130 bhp out of this engine :) should be good!
i have a renault 5 gtx engine if anyones interested, it was running when it was taken out and its been drained and cleaned, ive got loads of hoses on the engine and its got a good clutch  and housing (still attached) , and carb, also got the loom and ignition system i want 150 for the lot if anyone wants it or no's of anyone? can deliver for petrol money if its below 60 miles away!
i think the turbo wishbones are just abit more re-enforced? i put them on my old campus and it improved the ride quality and handling alot!

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17:51, Sun 17 April 2011 »

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17:55, Sun 17 April 2011 »
cleaned it today :) already got loads of scuffs grrrr!! lol dont supose you can help it really!

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20:59, Mon 18 April 2011 »
Looking good mate, fresh paint Rocks!! 8) ....not 100% sure on the. Green though, sorry!. But each to their own an all that!

I think this will be an interesting project, so whats the advantages going to be using bike carbs??

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23:30, Mon 18 April 2011 »
yeah even im not 100% about the green, ooks awsome from the back with the green tho!
should give it quite abit of omphh the carb it has now is crap lol theres a few mk1 11.3 polos knoking about wiv bike carbs and there suprisingly fast!

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22:08, Sun 15 May 2011 »
done quite alot in the past few weeks, just put coilovers on and you can use campus front hubs :) found a way lol not sure if its tooo low yet, deffo looks good tho :) inlet for the cbr carbs is being made by a enginieering firm near east grinstead so hoping to get a few things toghether ready for that! let me no what you think :)

smithyr5gt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:39, Mon 16 May 2011 »
looks great mate. def stands out! :D
YOU KNOW THE WHITE ONES ARE FASTER!!!

lukeevangelou

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:33, Mon 16 May 2011 »
Hey buddy!

I love your fresh campus! :mrgreen:
I really like the green badge on the front and it looks mean sitting down low :twisted:  haha
nice sticker bombing on the centre consol!It really breaks up the plain plastic look :)

Goodluck with the project bud! ;)

gt alan

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:42, Mon 16 May 2011 »
i like it, looks really good and cant wait to see how she goes with the bike carbs on

maybe a green stripe going around the car would look good on it too

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:53, Mon 16 May 2011 »
That looks sweet really low, i would lose the green mirrors though maybe abit to far over the top with the green, wheels and badge look nice though, keep it up bud.

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17:58, Tue 17 May 2011 »
unfourtanatly ive had to raise it :( lol was scraping everywere! yh deffo loosing the green mirrors!