Author Topic: White R5 GT Turbo '91  (Read 2717 times)

turbomike

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
White R5 GT Turbo '91
« on: 21:37, Tue 11 January 2011 »
Since iv owned it for 7 years i thought it was about time to get some pictures of it on here. i think i posted it on RTOC in years gone by the old memory starts to go!!!

Any way bought 7 years ago completey standard but changed jobs after a year and a half and so it has sat garaged for the rest of the time  :(

but things seem to be going well so i mot'd tax'd and insured her again last october and hopefully 2011 should be the year i finally get to the point i wanted all those years ago!!  :D

its got dump valve (which will be taken off soonj!)
side exit exhaust
koni suspension, lowered 40mm at the front
uprated volvo clutch
boost raised to 15psi
stapped intercooler
ktec did something to carb but i dread to think what it was as it is over fueling like a bitch!!! im guessing main jet was changed for a 1.5? who knows! :roll:  :roll:

since its been out iv put a new rad in, changed oil, filter etc and put chrome rocker cover on

i also got some fog lights for xmas since it hasnt had any since the champions league final 2005 (i destroyed the front end on a bollard :oops:  new bumper, bonnet, off side alloy, head light, indicator)

the plan for the rest of this year:

sort drivers leccy window
get a rust free boot
T25/2 with .47 rear
alloy intercooler
cam
rejet the carb (properly :evil: ) 18/19 psi
various silicone pipework and shiney bits  8)
BRAKES!!!

looking at this it all seems so easy but no doubt i shall have a list as long as my arm of things that go wrong before i get started!!
hopefully ill be able to make a few meets this year and put some names to faces  :)

turbomike

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: White R5 GT Turbo '91
« Reply #1 on: 21:40, Tue 11 January 2011 »
oh yeah the back also needs to be lowered to match
new air filter of some description
remove anti perc fan
fit steering wheel and gear knob iv had for 6 years

damn list just keeps getting longer!!

kie b1

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21:56, Tue 11 January 2011 »
Nice car mate  :)  will look sweet when you have slammed it on back :!:

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23:16, Tue 11 January 2011 »
yip defo mate down a few inches she will be really tidy,whats your future plans for it mate?

turbomike

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:56, Wed 12 January 2011 »
yeah really does need to go down at the back. been like that for 6 years! :shock:

the plan is just fast road,  may hit the track once or twice but i just want a fast tidy play toy for the weekend  :D

also managed to drive it into the corner of the workbench last nite so have a nice cracked bumper now as well  :oops: