Author Topic: Without venturi carburetor  (Read 934 times)

cliogtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Without venturi carburetor
« on: 14:10, Fri 24 December 2010 »
Hi, y buy a Carb on ebay, the seller say is a Group A on the sell, but.
When I got the carb, I had to see it to him and saw that he had not have venturi, I noticed the air corretor jet is 0.9, the main jet is 150 or above, i complained to the seller because of the carb venturi and he has  said:
(hi mate sorry i dont know the jet sizes all i know is that i spent a lot of money making the car race spec and i paid 100 pounds for the work on the carb to go faster hope this helps thanks luke
 - superman4010)

Today I mounted the carb on my car, before I've walked with a group A carburetor, this acquisition was to resell, the more I decided to test the engine worked beautifully, very stable relanti point, I felt more power in the media spin 2000/4000 RPM, good top end too, if anyone here know to be good to walk without venturi, it will be good for the engine, a carburetor do you guys think like this.

A picture of him

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
Re: Without venturi carburetor
« Reply #1 on: 14:41, Fri 24 December 2010 »
So you saying that the carb is missing the venturi insert??

To be honest I would have said you would have needed it to get the correct ventrui flow but it will prob work without and it will prob flow alot better due to less of a restriction what you need to do really is a get a wideband kit to see what the afr's are doing. on ilde, whilst driving, through the range and @ WOT just to make sure all is good

I don't recomend using it without a venturi in place

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15:29, Fri 24 December 2010 »
:?

I personally wouldn't be running without a venbturi in your carb, also if they are the only jets that have been changed and to those sizes that will fueling horribly and not giving enough fuel at the right time.
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

cliogtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:56, Sat 25 December 2010 »
I have a pressure gauge AFR, plus probe lamb in damage, I gona try a new one as fast as possible to see how good is the mix. the car does not do knock, I have also low compression engine, run between 1.4bar to 1.8bar and also walk with 4 degrees of advance in ignition.