Author Topic: sticky cable  (Read 1051 times)

karlr5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
sticky cable
« on: 12:01, Sat 20 November 2010 »
easy boys for some reason my accelerator cable seems to get stuck now ans again and i have to sort tap the pedal to drop the revs back down,any ideas as the cable seems to be moving freeley by the carb,anyway of adjusting or re-greaseing

andybond

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: sticky cable
« Reply #1 on: 12:02, Sat 20 November 2010 »
There is a grip near the carb , near the spring. Where I have had the same issue its nornally because the plastic sleeve is ruckled up and needs smoothing out.

MATT BLACK

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14:21, Wed 24 November 2010 »
Ive had them were they fray and the loose wires get caught on the plastic housing and cause the cable to stick. Personally i would fit a new cable and spring ( tension spring for acc cable on rear of carb )

fishead

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18:24, Wed 24 November 2010 »
if the cable is cosha check the return spring, some of the oe springs seem to be a smidge too long, fix it to the other side of the throttle bracket lil hole, then back into the lil hole, so there is a lil tension on the spring with closed throttle.

i understand that as i can see a picture in my head of what im writting, but fully understand it may not make any sense what so ever to anyone else, so if theres anyone else that has any idea what im talkin about feel free to explain it better, im fully aware i have brain issues, its ok though, the madder i get the less i care about goin nuts  :D

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 00:42, Thu 25 November 2010 »
Quote from: "fishead"
if the cable is cosha check the return spring, some of the oe springs seem to be a smidge too long, fix it to the other side of the throttle bracket lil hole, then back into the lil hole, so there is a lil tension on the spring with closed throttle.

i understand that as i can see a picture in my head of what im writting, but fully understand it may not make any sense what so ever to anyone else, so if theres anyone else that has any idea what im talkin about feel free to explain it better, im fully aware i have brain issues, its ok though, the madder i get the less i care about goin nuts  :D

Made perfect sense to me mate  :mrgreen: