Author Topic: Budget Power Gain  (Read 1698 times)

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Budget Power Gain
« on: 23:45, Thu 07 October 2010 »
alright guys, Sunday night i went to a little cruz, i sillyly let my mate put my raider up against another mates seat leon cupra, (it was to show that regys although 20 years are still one of the greatest  :oops: and to show a lot of people there that i hadn't just done up a campus) any way the raider one, my mate was a bit miffed at being beaten by a 20 year old "shed"

come Tuesday and he had his seat remap. he went for the 150bhp to the 180 only to be told he already had it, (my head grew in size at this news) so the next then was to go for the 180 to the 225

theirs allot of banter going on between the lot of us, and me an my mate (the regy lovers) are going to try and get the raider to prove once again that they are truly numero uno (my mate will also will probably end up getting a new car as well

problem is... i might be made redundant next week, so (after a lengthy intro) i was wondering if u guys had any tips for me to get my car running a bit faster??

my thoughts were (probably the most obvious) turn the boost up from 15 to about 21, take the back seats out, also the 2 amps n subs out the boot, and do the tracking (its out quite a  bit) take the spare wheel cage of the bottom of the car, maybe fit my mates wide band to do the carb......

any little tricks u guys might have would be greatly appreciated

thanks for the time
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

andybond

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Buget Power Gain
« Reply #1 on: 07:52, Fri 08 October 2010 »
AS you pointed out , weight saving costs nowt.

Whip out carpets , door cards , rear seats , any sound deadening

Replace windows with plastic copies.

I would then be looking at getting a good I/C - I went for a 4x4 sapphire cosworth cooler and it cost me 30 delivered.

Plumb that in.

Get car setup for high boost ... job done

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13:55, Fri 08 October 2010 »
its not a perminant thing, i just want it for the one day/night, im not into haing a redicualsly fast 5, well not yet any way, im still having fun with 15 psi, the raiders also my daily driver,  :oops:

Big Steve Raider

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
    • http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Raider/
« Reply #3 on: 15:11, Fri 08 October 2010 »
Quote from: "small_all@hotmail.com"
its not a perminant thing, i just want it for the one day/night

If you turn up the boost for one night without re-jetting the carb you will be left with a blown headgasket GUARANTEED!!  :?

Your choice is to either spend the money to get it properly set up or spend nothing on it & blow it up!

bniasR5GTT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16:18, Fri 08 October 2010 »
Sounds like the towels been trown down  :lol:

Had a similar story with a mate when he brought a brand new 206 180bhp and i continously whipped his arse !!!

Oh i love the litle r5's such fun for cheap money especially annoying top of the range cars worth 500 times more !!!

Me and a mate used to go out on hunts for bmw's, merc's, porsche's, scobbies, evo's, anything we could whined up..... sitting at 30 in second and wait for them to pull out, then floor it and watch there face as they had to pull back in behind  :)  Best thing we found was a matey in a brand new bmw and kept doing it to him he got so pissed it was hilarious specially when you let them get right beside you and wave them off !! lol

But that was a few years back now and ive grown up...... well almost  8)

Like said before spent a little bit of cash and have the boost upp'd, have set up right and a uprated i/c. Also strip it bare

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14:13, Sat 09 October 2010 »
Quote from: "Big Steve Raider"
its not a perminant thing, i just want it for the one day/night

If you turn up the boost for one night without re-jetting the carb you will be left with a blown headgasket GUARANTEED!!  :?

Your choice is to either spend the money to get it properly set up or spend nothing on it & blow it up!

the car was / is set up for runnign 21psi, my mate i brought it of was running it at 21/22 psi for just over a year with no problems, i turned it down in the winter becasu i could see bad things happening to it and me (and i dident want to be responisble for 1 less raider)
 and just havent turned it back up yet

and my mate has got a wide band for his dimmer project, which is a while off being compleate he was gunna let stick it on mine for the time being i think, to help me tweek it properly,

ive also moved the air filter away form the turbo, behind the light, and was thinking about getting some exzaust wrap for the manifold to maby keep the temp down, not sure what else can be done though  :oops:

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14:23, Sat 09 October 2010 »
Quote from: "andybond"

I would then be looking at getting a good I/C - I went for a 4x4 sapphire cosworth cooler and it cost me 30 delivered.

was it a fleebay by dude or is there a shop for em??? thanks

andybond

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:15, Mon 11 October 2010 »
Quote from: "andybond"

was it a fleebay by dude or is there a shop for em??? thanks

PassionFord.

Slight snag is I test fitted on sunday , and without removing the front crossmember the bloody thing wont fit  :(

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:19, Mon 11 October 2010 »
Time to introduce the grinder then :lol:

andybond

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:54, Mon 11 October 2010 »
:D

Bit dubious about relieving the crossmember of its duties ...

Anyone else done this ?