Author Topic: My GTT engined clio mk1  (Read 6234 times)

dj.hanks

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
My GTT engined clio mk1
« on: 19:35, Tue 28 September 2010 »
Spec so far is as follows...

BODY WORK:
Full Jap style body kit, Jap style bonnet vent, doors de-locked and smoothed, bonnet smoothed, roof smoothed, side strips smoothed, indicators smoothed, subtle spoiler, m3 style mirrors in black, bee sting ariel and all finished of in Ford Bright white paint with and alsa paints corp ice blue metal flake

ENGINE:
Renault 5 GT Turbo conversion, Fullt rebuilt 1500 miles ago by K-Tec Racing, Fully forged engine, ported+polished+gas flowed head, t28 turbo, group a carb with uprated jets and larger needle jet, uprated inline fuel pump, reyland fuel reg, uprated gaskets all round, complete polly bushed, 285 cam, lightened and balanced flywheel, jl racing cone air filter, ktr charger cooler, ktr alloy oil cooler, forge oil catch tank, swirl pot, custom exhaust, currently running in the region of 260-280bhp

INTERIOR:
White/black dash and door cards and boot build, OMP black bucket seats, sabelt 3 point harnesses fully sae safe, rear seats covered in black leather supplied but not fitted in, momo Italy steering wheel, gear knob, hand brake handle and pedals

LIGHTS:
Black angel eye conversion(front), Tinted black Lexus lights(rear), underbody blue neons, under arch blue neonís and blue neonís around boot build, brake light l.e.d's fitting where original spoiler mounted.

SUSPENSION:
Lowered on Apexi 30mm springs, lowered 35mm on the torsion bar, chrome sparco front strut brace.

WHEELS & TYRES:
Tsw volcano 15", 2xbrand new yokohoma tyres and 2x falken tyres , brake callipers and drums painted blue, 2x sets of mc guard locking nuts.

AUDIO:
Kenwood headunit,4x1000watt pioneer subs,2x jvc 2way comp's, 4x kenwood 2 way comp's, 1.5 farad power cap, 0 gauge wiring kit, equaliser, 2x boshmann audio 1500watt amps, 1x vrx 1000watt 4 channel amp, build covered in white and black leather, dvd player with 7 inch screen mounted on dash,

SERCURITY:
Cat 1 fuly insurance approved alarm toad ai606 with tilt sensors and air movement sensors fitted and text alert, smoked black window tints on the rear windows.

Here are afew pictures, not anything decent, will update tomorrow when uploaded the rest of the pics :)

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: My GTT engined clio mk1
« Reply #1 on: 15:29, Wed 29 September 2010 »
Car doesn't look too bad on outside, very white! :D
A nice tudy up in the engine bay wouldn't go a miss though.  :wink:

I hate to burst your bubble mate but the engine spec you gave, some of those bits aren't in the engine bay from what i see. I remember you mentioning it from the previous thread you weren't sure.
With that spec also 260bhp+ is very unlikely, did the person you get it off give you reciepts for it all at all?

I do hate it when someone gets stung into believing there car has this and that when its not even on there.
Do hope you don;t think i'm having a pop mate, just like to put people in the know :wink:
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15:57, Wed 29 September 2010 »
Alright Dan, not a bad car u got there especially for your age i had some right dogs at that age :lol: .

Please tho the neons youve got to get rid surely :roll: , going with what markey mark said i very much doubt your running that bhp but nice car all the same.

dj.hanks

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18:26, Wed 29 September 2010 »
What doesnt look like its there mate?
I am greatful for you to be honest, i'd rather people be honest now and then atleast you aint fake ennit.

I got afew receipts like the pistons, rebuild and lil things like that, but half of what 'apparently' i got i never had receipts for so i aint sure what to say on that 1.

The neons have gone, its having a complete new look for the 2011 season, going standard williams kit, deep dish steelies, satin black paint with highlighter yellow outlines (if that makes sence).

Just the conversions been a complete pisstaker and has had my moments when i wanna give up :

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19:16, Wed 29 September 2010 »
From the pic it has a standard intercooler, standard rad with the oil cooler pipes going to it still so no external oil cooler, turbo looks like a T25 size on front as i can't see any bolts holding the housing on, standard breather pot and swirl pot and no catch tank as you have a breather filter there.

what does the reciept say for the pistons by the way, does it mention forge items?

Sorry to put downer on it but as you say best to know what you exactly got rather then not knowing.

It could do with little tidy up in there but its going in right direction, i;ve done a few myself for other people here's a pic of the last one i did early this year.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3 ... =642421609
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

dj.hanks

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:32, Thu 30 September 2010 »
Ah yeah, the KTR intercooler isnt fitted currently (i have got it in my garage), a big silver thing lol), yeah its the standard rad with built in oil cooler so ive been told, ive got an external 1 but apparently its pointless fitting it, is that true? Thats the same situiation as the catch tank, i have 1 but apparently its not essental so any suggestios on them?
As for the turbo ive looked into it and it is a t25 mate, thanks for pointing it out :).

On the receipt it says forged internals, doesnt say what internals though.

Ah, that picture looks mint!, i know it needs all the wiring hiding, cleaning, and pipes and things moved around to make it better and not an eyesore tolook at haha