Author Topic: my very long track/road R5 gt turbo project  (Read 56998 times)

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: my very long track/road R5 gt turbo project
« Reply #240 on: 19:30, Mon 04 July 2011 »
Quote from: "scratcher"
Congratulations on the baby dude  :D

Grind the weld away if you can and adjust the lifters a few mm.
My bonnet is louvred above the carb and I had nothing but trouble with rain dripping into the mixture screw. It has packing tape under that section now  :lol:

Cheers fella :) must be a sucker for punishment i thought having the one was bad enough :lol:, i can never get me head around how james 5 can do so much on his car and have 4 kids with another one arriving soon :shock:

Thats a good thing you said about the problems putting a louvre above carb  :wink: wont be going that route. Ye i think ill do what you said and get the dremel out, really annoying though. Its got brand new so called uprated engine mounts on there too so it shouldnt move about much :roll:

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 20:25, Mon 04 July 2011 »
I had the exact same problem with my standard bonnet and the lobster, Was so gutted to see the lump with crack in it :evil:

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #242 on: 21:07, Mon 04 July 2011 »
Quote from: "nadgtt1982"
Quote from: "scratcher"
Congratulations on the baby dude  :D

Grind the weld away if you can and adjust the lifters a few mm.
My bonnet is louvred above the carb and I had nothing but trouble with rain dripping into the mixture screw. It has packing tape under that section now  :lol:

Cheers fella :) must be a sucker for punishment i thought having the one was bad enough :lol:, i can never get me head around how james 5 can do so much on his car and have 4 kids with another one arriving soon :shock:

Thats a good thing you said about the problems putting a louvre above carb  :wink: wont be going that route. Ye i think ill do what you said and get the dremel out, really annoying though. Its got brand new so called uprated engine mounts on there too so it shouldnt move about much :roll:

5 kids is the new 3 matey :D

Congratulations to you and the Mrs's having a baby is a fantastic part of your life enjoy it :mrgreen: .

I don't actaully know how I do so much on the 5 I play only with the 5 in the evening's when the kids are in bed and sometimes my eldest is out in the car just talking to me when I am doing things with it.  At the mo things are at a standstill just pending funds

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 21:40, Mon 04 July 2011 »
Quote from: "James5"

Congratulations to you and the Mrs's having a baby is a fantastic part of your life enjoy it :mrgreen: .

At the mo things are at a standstill just pending funds

Ye ive got a 2 1/4 year old son and he's the best thing ive done in my life hes just a mini me love him to bits :D

I no how you feel im feeling the pinch this month :roll:

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 21:46, Mon 04 July 2011 »
Quote from: "Phase2-tungy-gtt"
I had the exact same problem with my standard bonnet and the lobster, Was so gutted to see the lump with crack in it :evil:

I was so pissed when i saw it, i thought id done away with the big spending on this car :evil:  ill probably leave it till winter now then prep it myself and get it professionally painted i only feel confident painting small parts on the outside of car.

DaveMayGTT

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 09:10, Tue 05 July 2011 »
My bonnet had a tiny outward dent that sounds very similar but i dont think its right over the carb lobster so god knows what done mine.
As already said, congrats m8! Loads of Dads on here eh, I got 2 girl :P

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 10:25, Wed 13 July 2011 »
Im getting withdrawal symptoms i havent driven my car for nearly two weeks :(  :( , hopefully ill get chance at the weekend to go for a blast.

Not done an awful lot to car but did get chance to get some better cv gaitor ties on as the old ones were letting grease out especially the drivers side, my wheels were covered after pod day :x ive also rectified a few horrible rattling issues well i hope i have, one of me rear shocks was loose :shock: and ive noticed that me filter/pump bracket is hitting the underneath of car on its rubber bobbins so ive rectified this. Ive also sorted out the knocking from the nearside front strut turns out it was missing a tiny rubber sleeve that is visable from the engine bay, luckily i was able to pinch this off a standard 5 prima ive got round me mates  :).

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 10:43, Thu 14 July 2011 »
hey bud glad to hear your getting all the niggles sorted :wink: it just takes time for some issues to show ,i drove my car with a full tool bag for months just incase  :lol: well at least its the best time of year for it,enjoy bud youve made an amazing job 8)  8)  8)

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 12:22, Sat 16 July 2011 »
Cheers baz :) ye ive got a little toolbox filled with the basic tools just in case :lol: touch wood ive not needed them...... yet :roll: .

Was going to have a blast in the 5 this morning meet up with some mates and have a good old english breakfast, and its fecking raining again some fing summer this is it happens every time and ive only just cleaned the car wheels off job :twisted: so i went back to bed.

I have just added to the interior bling by fitting a chrome boot catch to cheer me up :mrgreen:

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 12:50, Sat 16 July 2011 »
Wow! I would love to see this on a track, I like the colour too mate.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 23:49, Sat 16 July 2011 »
i know mate the weather is crap,not weather for the 5 thats for sure ,so are you gonna be tracking the beast?

funny how chrome bits make you all warm inside  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 07:05, Sun 17 July 2011 »
Quote from: "dj_craig_"
Wow! I would love to see this on a track, I like the colour too mate.

Cheers  :D

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 07:19, Sun 17 July 2011 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
i know mate the weather is crap,not weather for the 5 thats for sure ,so are you gonna be tracking the beast?

funny how chrome bits make you all warm inside  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ye i do love abit of chrome :mrgreen:

I would like to take her out for a few track days because this was the aim many moons ago, but were expecting another little one early next year and were going to be having a loft conversion done mid september with me doing alot of work to it, so im going to be skint (no change there  :roll:) and im not going to have alot of spare time to play :( . But me and a few mates will be going up to Santa Pod mid august to put a few runs in which will be fun :D ones got a MK1 golf cab with a VR6 lump in he got 14.6 and the others got a S2 RST he got 15.8 so im hoping i can at least beat one of them

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 19:00, Sun 17 July 2011 »
same here bud nice and shiney :lol:

yeh i know mate babies do take up all your time,its just trying to fit everything round about,ill keep my fingers croosed for ya bud ,youll have to get the photos up of her at pod ,besta luck fella

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 20:02, Thu 28 July 2011 »
Sad news im afraid, ive cancelled my insurance yesterday due to what looks like a turbo failure and also ive got low oil pressure although im hoping ive fixed this.

Ive lots of white smoke which would suggest coolant leaking, so ive done a compression test which came up fine, and today ive made a coolant pressure tester using an old bicycle inner tube valve, which surprisingly worked, i pumped it up to 20psi and left it for 3hours with no pressure drop.

I still cant work out how coolant is getting into the exhaust and also ive not lost much coolant :? but somethings up, im going to get some more oil and a genuine filter put in and hope ive fixed the low oil pressure (i had alot of shite stuck to the oil pick up strainer), then ill prob run the car with turbo off to see if ive still got white smoke plus i can look for moisture on the turbo inards etc.

The reason for me cancelling the insurance is basically im skint and cannot afford to get my turbo rebuilt :cry:  so its pointless me insuring it if its not going to be running.

Also in 6 weeks time im having a loft conversion done (hence why im skint) and after the blokes done the structural side and made it weather tight, ive then got to insulate, plasterboard,plaster,1st fix timber in places,2nd fix timber, electrics, plumbing/heating, install fire doors, take down a chimmney etc etc so im not going to have time to have any fun with the renault, so it made sence to put her to rest untill ive the time/money to get her sorted. I wasnt thinking like this two days ago, i was very tempted to break her and get rid because im fed up with spending money on it, but ive calmed down now :)  im sure i cant be the only person thats thought why the fuk am i doing this to a renault 5 or even any car come to mention it :evil: