Author Topic: Long term project . very long term  (Read 2161 times)

TJHOOKER2

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Long term project . very long term
« on: 08:59, Wed 22 September 2010 »
previously posted in newbie forum so sorry if your reading this for the second time.

Just purchased my first R5, and its a bit of a wreck.
REG: F646 FWA.

Bought as a long term project as i've always wanted one. Does any one have any information about it? Its been badly sprayed in pearl white but been refurbished or very well looked after at some point and well sealed as no sign of any rust anywhere, well apart from where it has been bumped.
It was written off over a year ago and has been stood in the scrap yard awaiting the insurance company pay out as far as im aware. So hoping some one will know of it as its has had 11 owners. but thats where my knowledge ends on it as i dont have log book yet as it will need a vic check etc.....

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Long term project . very long term
« Reply #1 on: 09:21, Wed 22 September 2010 »
Blimey, I think you could have found an easier project, that rear damage looks pretty heavy to me !
The rear panel is 100 from Renault (or it was around 3 years ago), not sure about the rear quarter. Has it not rippled the roof ?
Plus you need to check if the car was cat c or d etc with DVLA as it may need a VIC check before it goes back on the road.
EDIT** Just seen you say it needs a VIC check.. thats a hell of a lot of work you have there !
Good luck with it  :shock:  :shock:

TJHOOKER2

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:36, Wed 22 September 2010 »
Yeh i got carried away. ill learn one day.

The roof is fine and the chassi is solid. It going to be stripped then let the welding commence.

But all the good bits are really good and i thought it was a good basis for a project, ideally i would like to make it look original as possible and just have it for a weekend car

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:19, Wed 06 October 2010 »
good luck with this one mate keep us posted with photos  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)