Author Topic: Gearboxes.  (Read 591 times)

SarahR5GT

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
Gearboxes.
« on: 14:13, Wed 04 August 2010 »
Hey, I'm getting a R5 soon but the guy who were getting it off needs to put in a new box and hes having trouble getting hold of one.
Someone mentioned to me last night that a Clio 16v box and a Renault 19 box will fit in the R5GTT is that right or does it need to be a R5GTT box??

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
Re: Gearboxes.
« Reply #1 on: 14:56, Wed 04 August 2010 »
Quote from: "SarahR5GT"
Hey, I'm getting a R5 soon but the guy who were getting it off needs to put in a new box and hes having trouble getting hold of one.
Someone mentioned to me last night that a Clio 16v box and a Renault 19 box will fit in the R5GTT is that right or does it need to be a R5GTT box??

the problem with useing the newer boxes is the speedo cables are different although I know one of the boes will fit work with the gtt speedo but I can't remember which :oops: .

yes the 16v box will fit, as will the 19, the clio 172, 182, volvo 1.7 turbo etc... but if you want a speedo to work try to get a gtt box

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gearboxes.
« Reply #2 on: 15:45, Wed 04 August 2010 »
The volvo 1.7 turbo box will work on the 5 as its electronic speedo too, all the others are speedo cable so you'll have no speedo.
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.