Author Topic: My R5 GTT  (Read 17714 times)

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: My R5 GTT
« Reply #30 on: 17:37, Wed 10 August 2011 »
A few more pictures from yesterday, i managed to get the carpet out an give it a good clean, found a little more rust but pretty happy as they isnt a lot.

I also started on drivers door hinge, i managed to get the top pin out fairley easy but after givin the bottom pin sum rate hammer for about 2 hours it still wouldnt move then i had to pick girlfriend up from work so put it off till today and now its raning  :x

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02:48, Tue 30 August 2011 »
:lol: yip that door pins can be a nightmare bud

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13:56, Thu 01 September 2011 »
yes mate your right  :lol:  there both sorted now, well passenger side is not 100% but better than it was. A previous owner had drilled the hinge and hammered a bigger pin in wich split the top lug on the door  :?

i also found this under the centre console, i am supprised something didnt blow  :!:

this is my next job and it looks a lot harder than the door pins  :cry:
just cannot wait to get it back on the road now.

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16:16, Thu 01 September 2011 »
easier than i thought  :lol:  look at the state ov it, no wonder they was so much play one ov the rubbers is completely deteriorated :!:

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20:47, Thu 01 September 2011 »
yeh sometimes little jobs you think will take 5 mins takes a day and a job you think will take a day takes 5 mins :D ,bet your steering feels a whole lot better  :wink:

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17:33, Thu 01 December 2011 »
Yes it feels 100% better now thanks mate, just got some new gaiters but am struggling to get the tie rod ends off to fit the new ones, wanted to get them done aswell this year. i have finnaly got enough money together for a respray so am looking for some new bumper trims gutter strips and some new rubbers for around the rear side windows for when its painted  :D  sorry no more pics yet.

BriC

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 16:43, Thu 15 December 2011 »
Just thought I'd log on to see how this thread was going.. really glad to see she's being looked after properly, and kept on the road :)

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20:19, Thu 15 December 2011 »
Quote from: "BriC"
Just thought I'd log on to see how this thread was going.. really glad to see she's being looked after properly, and kept on the road :)
Thanks alot mate its taking time but its getting there, have you still got yours? Am sure I saw it for sale a few month ago

BriC

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 20:47, Sun 18 December 2011 »
Unfortunately not. It went about 5 months ago. Owned by someone on RTOC though, and he seems very enthusiastic and seems to be looking after it, which is nice.

I didn't use it anymore - I had a BMW 535i Sport as well, and I preferred using that 95% of the time, so I sold the two and bought a 1999 M5, which is pretty much a perfect car IMO. Costs a bomb to keep on the road, but you can't skimp on these cars!

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12:15, Fri 08 June 2012 »
Things havent gone to plan this year as i was made redundant from work and the money i had saved for a respray started to slowly dwindle, so looks like its guna be next year now, as i only want to use it for 6 months out of the year my plan now is to get a garage to keep her in over winter, i have finally got the welding sorted tho

:shock:

after all that was welded up i put the carpet back in and started putting trim back in,
got wing back on and coverd it all with sealant and then loads of underseal but forgot to take some pics, also got these bits to be fitted and a bible
 :)  
thats it for now, thanks for looking.

bigman

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13:27, Fri 08 June 2012 »
looking good  8)  gettin there mate

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 19:15, Sun 30 December 2012 »

out of the weather at last :)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05:07, Wed 30 January 2013 »
finally got a garage then mate :D keep us updated on your progress

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 19:32, Wed 24 April 2013 »
These were taken about a month ago

On way to bodyshop for respray :-)

Then this was 2 week later when I when to pick it up

8)
In process of putting it back toghether now but need a few bits, very happy with it.

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 21:47, Fri 09 August 2013 »
Just thorght I would upload a few pics as its been a while   ;)