Author Topic: tungy  (Read 24549 times)

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: tungy
« Reply #30 on: 21:18, Tue 30 November 2010 »
bad times :(
 my front bumper came loose on one side and dropped to the deck! luckily I was driving slow out of a car park, but bottom of bumper is fecked, maybe some fibre fill will sort it, and the driver indicator is smashed.
at the wkend I got it secured, and was attempting to change over my inlet manifold. I managed to get all nuts off except one! There is no access to it due to the new exhaust  manifold being in the way, so Is it possible to remove the exhaust manifold without taking the engine out?? - I cant be arsed doin it again! car is now garaged anyway (snow up here is intense) so have plenty time to get things sorted

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21:46, Tue 30 November 2010 »
It is possible to remove the manifolds with the engine in place.

There is just one nut that's tricky, the rest are reasonable. I find it easier doing it from underneath the car rather then trying to reach around everything.

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 22:27, Tue 30 November 2010 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"

There is just one nut that's tricky, the rest are reasonable. I find it easier doing it from underneath the car rather then trying to reach around everything.

now thats good news, thanks ash. I had horrible visions of having to remove the engine :roll: . that will be a job for when the weather calms down a bit. so did you manage to get hold of a 90deg dizzy?

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08:21, Wed 01 December 2010 »
I didn't find the dizzy cap, i still haven't looked though!

It's in the back of my mind with at least 100 of other things 'to-do'. I'll get there eventually.....

:lol:

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 19:46, Wed 05 January 2011 »
thought I would pull the finger out since the snow has dissapeared + you guys have been making good progress on your 5's recently.
yesterday i stripped down the front end, and picked up a blow torch this eve so tomorrow I will get the new front disks on with new indicators.

im annoyingly struggling to change over the inlet manifold. One of the 2 nuts on the top/middle have rounded and access to the lower 2 is seeming impossible. Even from under the car i can not really get to the nuts! damm tubular manifold! - any suggestions?
im gonna remove the turbo and downpipe tomowwow but I am seriosly considering taking the engine out just for ease of access as it was all put together with engine outside of the car

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10:58, Sun 09 January 2011 »
despite the weather going back to this...

changed over the front disks, the old disks were in a right state. I cant believe they were even able to stop me! :shock: !

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17:57, Thu 20 January 2011 »
revieved my new bonnet today!! 8)  its so light compared to the standard one I had on.

its matt black. It has a few scrapes on it so will need to give it a respray to make it look nice. not sure whether to get it sprayed tungy, or keep it matt black, what do you's reckon?

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21:19, Thu 20 January 2011 »
Looking good matey, id paint it body colour.

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 00:50, Sun 23 January 2011 »
Quote from: "nadgtt1982"
Looking good matey, id paint it body colour.

its gonna be tungy in the end, but since its cheap I will give it a nice coat of matt black for the time being. Seen a couple of pics of other 5's with black bonnet and they didnt look as bad as I thought :D

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 16:49, Sat 29 January 2011 »
a little update from today....
I have fitted new rear calipers with new copper piping and braided lines along with bonet vent surround.
 just need to bleed the brake system and get the handbrake tightened up which I will crack on with tomorrow.
got my bumper fitted securely, and new bonet lined up.

Im loving the look of the bonnet - its looking mean!!
cant wait till I get it painted and on for good :D

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17:39, Wed 02 February 2011 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"

dude 'Phase I 16 V Turbo' was selling em a while back
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17:35, Sat 12 February 2011 »
today I fitted my chrome rocker cover (thanks James5) and hose from waterpump to degasser (thanks 5teve),  Bled the cooling system and tidied a few wires.........

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #42 on: 20:26, Sat 12 February 2011 »
Looking good matey, get there with the bling :D

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 16:18, Sun 13 February 2011 »
Quote from: "James5"
Looking good matey, get there with the bling :D

Thanks James, its becoming quite addictive! I should be saving my money tho to get it back on the road but been having a crap time of late with my rear caliper so Im finding myself trawling ebay more often for cheap cheap shiny bits while I wait!

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 18:21, Sat 19 March 2011 »
a bit of progress today, have renewed all brake pipes on rear and bled the system - so its now back on 4 wheels :mrgreen:
also had a play with the carb to fine tune the idle, had a bit of white smoke to begin with due to not running it in ages but after a while it cleared.....nearly ready to get it down for its MOT :D  :D