Author Topic: Renault 5 1.7 GTT  (Read 21034 times)

sparkysparks

  • 200BHP Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 967
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #15 on: 14:29, Wed 02 June 2010 »
I was thinking the same thing with the power steering

ORANGEFIVE

  • 150BHP Member
  • **
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #16 on: 06:57, Thu 03 June 2010 »
Nice 5 Man!! Keep it up!! Let's keep the 5 alive here in Malta!!!

Benj88

  • 170BHP Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 81
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #17 on: 08:32, Thu 03 June 2010 »
Verry smart mate

davidbuttigieg

  • 170BHP Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #18 on: 14:53, Thu 03 June 2010 »
Quote from: "ORANGEFIVE"
Nice 5 Man!! Keep it up!! Let's keep the 5 alive here in Malta!!!

Where you from mate ? yours a GTT too ?

ORANGEFIVE

  • 150BHP Member
  • **
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #19 on: 14:58, Thu 03 June 2010 »
Hey!! I'm from Mosta and originally mine was a 1.1 Campus but literally now,only the shell is a campus all parts are GTT

vasiR5

  • 115BHP Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #20 on: 08:51, Fri 04 June 2010 »
Very nice car...it look great in black..goodluck 8)

davidbuttigieg

  • 170BHP Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #21 on: 09:11, Fri 04 June 2010 »
Quote from: "vasiR5"
Very nice car...it look great in black..goodluck 8)


thanks :D

danielmk323

  • 170BHP Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 69
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #22 on: 15:12, Fri 04 June 2010 »
Quote from: "davidbuttigieg"
Quote from: "danielmk323"
Nice 5 man keep it up i from malta to  8)

where are you from ?

do you have a GTT too ?

im from paola and yes is an original tungy gtt is under respray now i tink i saw you at hall far this Friday  8)

davidbuttigieg

  • 170BHP Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #23 on: 20:34, Fri 04 June 2010 »
Quote from: "danielmk323"
Quote from: "davidbuttigieg"
Quote from: "danielmk323"
Nice 5 man keep it up i from malta to  8)

where are you from ?

do you have a GTT too ?

im from paola and yes is an original tungy gtt is under respray now i tink i saw you at hall far this Friday  8)


not much of a show then !!  :lol:

car is not producing boost .. just circa 4psi. Must be something with the wastegate.

ioshi_s_golf

  • 170BHP Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #24 on: 22:31, Wed 06 October 2010 »
Hey mate

can you show me pic how you put your turbo hoses from the turbo to the intercooler and from the intercooler to the engine and what radiator you use from which model of car. Thank you :)



bazr5gtt

  • 200BHP Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1003
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #25 on: 02:29, Thu 07 October 2010 »
very nice looking car mate,and off course the weather will keep it rust free :lol: keep us posted with your mods  8)  8)  8)  8)

davidbuttigieg

  • 170BHP Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #26 on: 17:57, Sat 04 December 2010 »
Quote from: "ioshi_s_golf"
Hey mate

can you show me pic how you put your turbo hoses from the turbo to the intercooler and from the intercooler to the engine and what radiator you use from which model of car. Thank you :)

Hi mate,

Sorry but ain't got any pictures that can help you  :(

All the piping is hidden behind other stuff, and I did not take any pictures while working on the car. Alot of the piping was custom made with trial and error on the spot.

Radiator is from a Renault 5 1.7 GTX/GTE - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-5-Mk2-1-7 ... 4536wt_968

davidbuttigieg

  • 170BHP Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #27 on: 23:26, Sun 13 March 2011 »
I am planning to race the car in local hillclimb & sprint events so am currently manufacturing a rollcage for the car and bought some goods to make the car perform and look better. Very pleased with the outcome of the rollcage, considering I'm building it myself  :)




























Ruivar

  • 200BHP Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 222
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #28 on: 18:34, Wed 16 March 2011 »
Nice!
Based on your pictures of your newly bought items, it looks like you and I have the same plans with our cars! I cannot wait to see the items fitted!
I am waiting for new pictures  :D

P.S. nice job on the cage! I am impressed.
What happens when you blow on fire?

davidbuttigieg

  • 170BHP Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 1.7 GTT
« Reply #29 on: 08:50, Thu 17 March 2011 »
Quote from: "Ruivar"
Nice!
Based on your pictures of your newly bought items, it looks like you and I have the same plans with our cars! I cannot wait to see the items fitted!
I am waiting for new pictures  :D

P.S. nice job on the cage! I am impressed.


Thanks !!  :D

Would like to see some photos of yours, do you have a thread for your project ??