Author Topic: 1987 Gtt Project  (Read 8693 times)

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1987 Gtt Project
« Reply #15 on: 17:19, Sat 15 May 2010 »
Quote from: "LazaRs"
Quote from: "markey mark (bd)"
With a 1.5 main jet and 0.9 air corrector only you wiull run very rich off boost and prob run it lean at high rev's on boost, not the way to have the carb set up.

You want a standard size venturi, prob get away with the standard 1.2mm main jet, slightly smaller air corrector and then drill out the second stage jet so it increase's fuel on boost. If you want to run more than 20psi then i would recommend a larger needle valve too, something around 2.0mm will do, i found a place that sells them so can get hold of them.

Thanks Markey, i will get rid of the Group A carb, i will get my stock carb... Could you please send me where can i order needle valve 2.0mm?? And could you please send me the picture or a link where i can see all the jets so second stage one, main one needle valve? And could you please tell me if 0.9 Air Corrector will be good enough?

Thanks mate!

I'll send you a link to where i get my 2mm needle valves mate, i'll see if i can get pic's of the jets too and where they are in the carb.
As mentioned before its hard to say if a 0.9mm air corrector will be fine, need to know what the AFR's are like first.
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22:51, Sat 15 May 2010 »
I'll send you a link to where i get my 2mm needle valves mate, i'll see if i can get pic's of the jets too and where they are in the carb.
As mentioned before its hard to say if a 0.9mm air corrector will be fine, need to know what the AFR's are like first.

Thanks mate, i would appriciate it.. Just wanna make sure i am doing right job, thats why i would need pics :)

Thanks again!

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19:06, Sat 22 May 2010 »

Hi markey, i have one more question please. i am fitting Piper 285 cam now. Could you please tell me how easy is to Fit aftermarket Rev Limiter and which one should i use?

And up to how many revs should i rev the car with 285 as well as uprated valve springs... ??

Thanks Mate!!!

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19:09, Sat 22 May 2010 »
I used an Armtech rev limiter.

Simple to wire up, there's a (+) and (-) which you attach to the coil, an earth and a wire for the clutch switch should it support one.

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19:13, Sat 22 May 2010 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
I used an Armtech rev limiter.

Simple to wire up, there's a (+) and (-) which you attach to the coil, an earth and a wire for the clutch switch should it support one.

Nice, i'll have a look. How much revs you guys think i should go for max? I will take the car to the rolling road dyno-jet to measure the car's power and check the curve up to where there is power. But i am scared i will get over exited and then i will over rev it :))

Thanks!

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13:38, Sun 23 May 2010 »
Depending on how you time the cam up can determine how high the rev limit will be.

How i've set mine up (i've got 285 in campus) i've been able to rev it right round to 7500rpm, but thats where the power dies off so no point of going further then that.

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15:54, Sun 23 May 2010 »
Depending on how you time the cam up can determine how high the rev limit will be.

How i've set mine up (i've got 285 in campus) i've been able to rev it right round to 7500rpm, but thats where the power dies off so no point of going further then that.

Nice :) 7500 is still very high.. I will see how to set it up when i come to that phase..
Markey have you got that link where i can get 2mm needle jet?

Thanks!

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17:20, Wed 26 May 2010 »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0186767218

2mm needle valve mate

7500rpm isn't high mate, i've had my campus little higher then that before as it wanted to pull more.
I know James 5 had his up past 8000rpm, he was shocked when i told him it'll do it and the rolling road operater took it past it! :D

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11:32, Fri 28 May 2010 »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350186767218

2mm needle valve mate

7500rpm isn't high mate, i've had my campus little higher then that before as it wanted to pull more.
I know James 5 had his up past 8000rpm, he was shocked when i told him it'll do it and the rolling road operater took it past it! :D

Thanks for needle valve mate!

8000sounds amazing :) But did he get any power at that range? Or was it just revving up??

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 15:07, Fri 28 May 2010 »
Quote from: "LazaRs"
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350186767218

2mm needle valve mate

Thanks for needle valve mate!

8000sounds amazing :) But did he get any power at that range? Or was it just revving up??

If the engine is set up to still produce power at that rev's then it will. :D

Can't remember off the top of my head when the power curve on James's 5 started to dip down but know it was high.