Author Topic: photos finally  (Read 1856 times)

willymcveigh

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
photos finally
« on: 15:48, Fri 12 March 2010 »
well ive been on here since october or so and havent posted any pictures yet due to my poor computing skills (and not having the car for a few months there). she's an early 1990 and fairly standard. the only mods are a full exhaust system(not sure on the make) hybrid turbo, bleedvalve, dump valve, big k & n and a blue rocker cover. then a few clear lenses on the outside. since owning it ive had a full top end gasket set including uprated head gasket, plugs, leads, fuel filter, dizzy cap and rotor arm.

Now i need a wee bit of welding round inner rear arches, front bumper sprayed and new brackets and a small bit of bubbling rust under the windscreen sorted out and ill be happy with that.

ps........ does anyone know this  car? i think it only came to n. ireland 2 years ago.

i should really have cleaned her for the pics!

the dreaded rust

Maxwell

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reallymeansounds.com/forum
Re: photos finally
« Reply #1 on: 16:12, Fri 12 March 2010 »
i think thats the one that "kidd" off rms had for sale!

looks nice mate! you selling it?
1990 Renault 5 GT Turbo Raider
2000 Citroen Saxo VTSupercharged

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16:14, Fri 12 March 2010 »
Looking well lad
Did you ever get the fueling checked?

I only ever seen that car over here when your man Kidd had it. I passed it on the M1 one day just outside Lurgan.
That hole in the boot should be handy enough to sort. At least it is behind the boot trim were the repair wont be seen.
All the best with it  :mrgreen:

willymcveigh

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16:18, Fri 12 March 2010 »
Quote from: "Maxwell"
i think thats the one that "kidd" off rms had for sale!

looks nice mate! you selling it?

the only way id part with her was if a mint capri or mint mk1 mr2 came along. still puts a smile on my face. yeah that'd be the guy i swapped him a e36 328 for it.

willymcveigh

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16:22, Fri 12 March 2010 »
Quote from: "H150GTT"
Looking well lad
Did you ever get the fueling checked?

I only ever seen that car over here when your man Kidd had it. I passed it on the M1 one day just outside Lurgan.
That hole in the boot should be handy enough to sort. At least it is behind the boot trim were the repair wont be seen.
All the best with it  :mrgreen:

cheers man.  havent got the fuelling set up yet as she's been off the road, thats on my list of to do's. ive got the boost turned down a bit though so she's maybe overfuellin a bit, i get a hesitation and wee backfire the odd time which im putting down to the feullin. your wee motor looks well clean, you've done her good.

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23:32, Fri 12 March 2010 »
If the car is hesitating and back firing on boost I would be concerned.
It could still be running lean..
Might be worth taking the plugs out and checking what condition they are in.. If they look like they have been over heated I would keep it off the boost till you get the fueling checked... Or else you could be fixing the head gasket again  :?
If the plugs are all black then it likely is over fueling. Although this doesnt mean the fueling is ok. Just the plugs sometimes give a good indication.
Sorry for the essay lol just dont want to see ya in bother again..

willymcveigh

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:45, Sat 13 March 2010 »
she only did it the very odd time. i have removed the dump valve and it hasnt shown any signs of it sohopefully its just been the dv leakin the boost so therefore she didnt take off. but all seems good now.