Author Topic: B20ENJ phase 2 tungy  (Read 19692 times)

Benj88

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
B20ENJ phase 2 tungy
« on: 19:22, Mon 22 February 2010 »
Hello everyone, I bought my 5 about 8months ago! The car is more or less standard really.. It's been lowerd 35mil, iv dewiperd the boot, refurbed all the wheels put my b20enj plate on and replaced the steering wheel with a 300mil omp. Iv always wanted a 5 and I'm happy I finaly own one!

FSP

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: B20ENJ phase 2 tungy
« Reply #1 on: 19:33, Mon 22 February 2010 »
:shock:

More picts!

siemills

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19:40, Mon 22 February 2010 »
thats a very nice 5 mate nice and clean and straight by the looks of things :D

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20:51, Mon 22 February 2010 »
Ben,  I love your 5...  its great seeing another one in this condition  8)  Its reminds me of mine before I went a bit nuts on the thing.  The small changes you have made are really worthwhile.   The steering wheel makes a real difference to how the car feels and its one of my fave mods.. so thats a nice touch.

I wouldnt even touch it from how it is now as it looks superb.  I am back in love with standard 5 styling again.... specially the speedlines and red decals.  I'm even putting my rear wiper back on again at the weekend  :lol:

Is it just my imagination, or are your wiper arms a bit thicker looking in the last pic? Look good.

Keep posting on here mate!  :wink:

Benj88

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21:33, Mon 22 February 2010 »
Cheers mate.. Just noticed the wipers it must just be the angle iv took the photo because I havnt changed them! Yeh I love the standard look too, they look loads better with the decals! I'm thinkin about getting 195,45,13s a think it will be quite subtle and il lower the front more, don't think I'd change anything on the bodywork..

There was a 5 campas in the scrapyard so iv took the door cards plasticks etc.. I want to do some alcantara and mebys flock the dash, I quite fancy some recaros.. Just want to tidy/subtly modernise it! Yeh a totaly agree with the steering wheel 300mil just seems the rite size for the car and it feels comfortable

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22:00, Mon 22 February 2010 »
It's got the wrong side repeaters on.

It's therefore dropped in value to maybe 500? I'll pick it up at the weekend?

No seriously, it looks a proper minter. Well done!  8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22:01, Mon 22 February 2010 »
Quote from: Benj88
I'm thinkin about getting 195,45,13s a think it will be quite subtle and il lower the front more, don't think I'd change anything on the bodywork..
quote]

It's great to see another standard 5 with all the original bits still in tact on its body..  love it  8)

I have thought the same thing as you, but funny enough... low profiles dont look right on the speedlines, it loses its appeal.  The chunky fat tyres are all part of the character of the car.  I would be interested to see how it would look with 45's.   But I was just going to fit the Uniroyals 55's.   Unless your racing in the rain you wont have any probs with them.  I dont drive like a terrorist anymore lol... so for fun short blasts about these wheels and tyres are spot on.  I cant believe how light the steering feels and super responsive... it feels like a fly when it changes direction.

What exhaust have you got on yours?  I've got the K-tec one.

Benj88

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22:36, Mon 22 February 2010 »
Haha yeh ano there like oval shaped.. A don't mind them but a mite just get some of the standard rectangle ones! I don't drive it like a nutter but a noticed the car was a lot better to handle and control wen a put the wheel on.. Te standard ones are too big to play about with! Iv still kepd it tho!

I think the exhaust is a scorpion mate.. I want rid of it, I fancy a 2 1/2 outrolld cgb do one think it's ashleigh looks nice.. Wots the lowest springs you can get for a 5?

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 00:03, Tue 23 February 2010 »
Quote from: "Benj88"

I think the exhaust is a scorpion mate.. I want rid of it, I fancy a 2 1/2 outrolld cgb do one think it's ashleigh looks nice.. Wots the lowest springs you can get for a 5?

The zorst you have looks good to me, I've had scorpions before...  I'm not sure what the one CGB sell, but the guy there (Bob) is really helpful to know, he has everything you'll ever need if you get stuck for something. I bought a Cyl head off him that he had machined for me a while ago...and a fair bit of bling bits   8)

The lowest springs are -50mm,  I have those on mine but not sure they are easy to find anymore or who sell them now?  The ones I have seen have been -30mm. The guys that want to go lower usually use coilovers...  or just let your tyres down  :wink:

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 00:14, Tue 23 February 2010 »
That looks class lad  8)
Standard looks are hard to beat..
All the best with it..

Benj88

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 00:42, Tue 23 February 2010 »
Cheers mate yours is a clean one a was lukin at it earlyer a like your grill and bumper!

Yeh that cgb site is gud, I orderd a few sercive parts before and a clutch cable because it snapd wen I was driving! Luckly I was near home and me and me mate pushd it back lol, yeh coils are probs the best thing to do cos the can get the right hight u want :)

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:09, Tue 23 February 2010 »
Another spankin' 5 - nice 1!! How do you keep the front bumper so stone chip free? Just get it painted well? When I had my car painted years back it ended up with a lot of stone chips, even on rear arches and backmost edges of the sideskirts. They must've thinned the lacquer out too much or something.. :roll:

Benj88

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:30, Tue 23 February 2010 »
Alright mate thanks.. Well im unhappy to say I have a few stone chips on the front bumper now! Cany piss'd off about it to be honest! I avoid getting close behind other cars to prevent getting them but it's just one of those things! The car gets drove everyday so I try my best to keep it In the best condition possible! I'm guna get me front bumper repainted tho I want the square bit on the passanger side splitter smoothd, I have 2 little chips on my drivers rear arch now aswell but I'm guna get sum paint mixd so I can touch them up myself.. Shit happens ey lol

il put a fee more pics up that are on my photo bucket

wheels after refub at romax, got them powdercoated, I payed about 180 they dun a realy gud job.. Thing is I had to take all the weights off cos they were grinding off my calipers?!

interior before I changed the steering wheel

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:39, Tue 23 February 2010 »
Looks great in the pics! 8)  Have you got bigger than standard discs and calipers then? Those stick on weights should clear your calipers usually! :?

Benj88

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:48, Tue 23 February 2010 »
I have a lot of spare time at work so I usualy clean the 5 everyday at about 3pm lol, I have a bit of a problem a think.. ?

bloody snowin today! Thort it was gone for good