Author Topic: My Renault 5 GT  (Read 15006 times)

superted

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
My Renault 5 GT
« on: 13:12, Sat 20 February 2010 »
Not really done anything to it a part from fit the T28 still need to fit the alloy rad, and oil cooler, and have it set up again.

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
Re: My Renault 5 GT
« Reply #1 on: 16:29, Sat 20 February 2010 »
Car looks good matey and in the best colour :D

T28 must be a little laggy on the 5 matey  :lol: when do you get full oost in the rpm range? and is it a standard cam?

superted

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15:27, Sun 21 February 2010 »
Quote from: "James5"
Car looks good matey and in the best colour :D

T28 must be a little laggy on the 5 matey  :lol: when do you get full oost in the rpm range? and is it a standard cam?

Its ok 3000rpm and it pulls like a train, bit scary but good fun, the whole engine was set in november on a T25 running 19psi it has reprofiled cam, it cost 400 to have the carb built to fuel upto max 25psi but at the moment i changed jets so it run smoothly at 19psi it produced 189bhp on the rollers but alot of other things have been done by the last owner he used a tunning company in dorset. will have to go through the paper work and see.

Austin-182

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23:30, Wed 24 February 2010 »
Looking good mate

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15:58, Tue 16 March 2010 »
Hi matey, how's the car doing after the turbo probs?

bniasR5GTT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18:10, Tue 16 March 2010 »
Its ok 3000rpm and it pulls like a train, bit scary but good fun, the whole engine was set in november on a T25 running 19psi it has reprofiled cam, it cost 400 to have the carb built to fuel upto max 25psi but at the moment i changed jets so it run smoothly at 19psi it produced 189bhp on the rollers but alot of other things have been done by the last owner he used a tunning company in dorset. will have to go through the paper work and see.

the tuning company in dorset is k-tec there absolute geniuses (maybe not geniuses but you get what i mean) :) i have taken all my r5 gtt's to have them set it up and also buy many uprated and aftermarket parts. i havent spoken to anyone whos got a bad word to say about them.

anyway lovely looking car not too sure what james says about the best colour tho  :shock:  
have warmed to my R5 in silver and think it is by far the best colour !  :lol:  (personal opinion)

superted

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
My Engine Rebulid Pics So Far
« Reply #6 on: 11:21, Tue 11 May 2010 »
After running low on oil when my turbo packed up my big ends developed a very slight Knock, and after closer inspection will need more than just the shells replacing, and having the crank regrinded  :shock:  so i have taken some pics of my progress so far  :D          

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19:01, Tue 11 May 2010 »
Glenn I can prob get you a gtt crank in good condition I know jrp has a few good ones lying about but for bearing sizes they may need measuring to see what bearings they take unless jrp left the bearings with them.

superted

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:21, Wed 12 May 2010 »
Glenn I can prob get you a gtt crank in good condition I know jrp has a few good ones lying about but for bearing sizes they may need measuring to see what bearings they take unless jrp left the bearings with them.

let me know. Steve said the shell had got hot and has made quite a mark on the crank, as well as leaving swarf  in the engine, going to take the 5 back up to the storage unit, and then rebuild the engine in the garage  :D  bloody parking issues as im in town and i have three motors starting to be pain.

superted

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13:48, Wed 19 May 2010 »
Things not looking to good for the old 5. Steve came round yesterday to have a look at my bottom end to see what cause of action i should take next due to the state of the engine as i might have needed more than just a crank, but i let you work that out by looking at the damage in the pics.

Do you think it can be re used  :lol:

Swarf was the cause of my turbo problems with oil seals even after changing oil and filter everytime, and that swarf had travelled through all the oil jurnals in the engine, on a good note i got 4.00 from the scrap man for my block crank and cam  :lol:

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23:51, Wed 19 May 2010 »
Feck me doesn't look Good I would personally just get another engine that is known to be good or rebuild one from scratch so you know what it is like when you put it together.
I have a mate with a good running complete standard engine, he also has another engine which needs a liner replaced this is just a bottom it has also been l&balanced

superted

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:46, Sat 22 May 2010 »
Feck me doesn't look Good I would personally just get another engine that is known to be good or rebuild one from scratch so you know what it is like when you put it together.
I have a mate with a good running complete standard engine, he also has another engine which needs a liner replaced this is just a bottom it has also been l&balanced

Found a new engine or shall i say steve did full rebuilt new liners / pistons piper 285 cam, new shells basically a fully rebuilt engine off someone on the RTOC website its in a clio but has never driven any where got it for 500 which is ok. so she will be backon the road soon. :D

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:10, Mon 31 May 2010 »
Hi Glenn how's the 5 coming on matey?

superted

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:01, Thu 03 June 2010 »

Its going fine been busy the last couple of weeks, i brought caravan so not done much to the 5 but i will be picking the engine up next week, and should have it up and running by the end of the month   :D

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:05, Thu 03 June 2010 »
Quote from: "superted"

Its going fine been busy the last couple of weeks, i brought caravan so not done much to the 5 but i will be picking the engine up next week, and should have it up and running by the end of the month   :D

Caravan :lol: bet the kids will love that matey.

Good to hear things coming on with the 5, if you need a hand one eve let me know I don't mind helping out and I am sure the same can be said for Steve.