Author Topic: Just a few old memories... of my old 5's  (Read 2683 times)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Just a few old memories... of my old 5's
« on: 23:43, Thu 11 February 2010 »
Just dug out a few pics of my old red 5GTT..  

This is where it all started for me...  I had this one for about 3 years and it was an animal.. in 5GTT clothing..  

I didnt have my own camera back then... only other pics I have are of the black standard one..

Its good to remember them again  :)

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Just a few old memories... of my old 5's
« Reply #1 on: 23:46, Thu 11 February 2010 »
I see you kept them pretty clean as well lol  :shock:
Have you ever seen or heard of them again?

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23:52, Thu 11 February 2010 »
Quote from: "H150GTT"
I see you kept them pretty clean as well lol  :shock:
Have you ever seen or heard of them again?

I think they were cleaner than the 1 I have now  :lol:  I polished the wheels so much they didnt have any laquer left on them.  Both had all the original panels and original paint.

I never heard from either again,  as I didnt belong to any owners clubs back then.. I did a check on the DVLA and neither of them was found!  So they much have been written off or something,  the black one was spotless so no way would it have gone rusty on its own.  The red one was bought by a speed freak...i'd be surprised if his still alive! let alone the car  :lol:

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 00:02, Fri 12 February 2010 »
The red one looked class lad..  There is a red one for sale local to me at the minute and I am so tempted but I think 2 5's is enough for anyone lol...
Am sure you wish you had of locked them away and kept them lol

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 00:31, Fri 12 February 2010 »
Quote from: "H150GTT"
The red one looked class lad..  There is a red one for sale local to me at the minute and I am so tempted but I think 2 5's is enough for anyone lol...
Am sure you wish you had of locked them away and kept them lol

Thanks :)   yes,  the only reason I bought this Tungy one I have now.... is because I would have a recurring nightmare all the time that I sold my Red 5GTT!!  and when I woke up...  I realised it wasnt a nightmare.....I really had sold it!  I would look out the window and think what the hell have I done!  :?  

So I went and got another one which turned out to be the Tungy..  8)

haha... yes 2 is enough...  but Red is a good colour  :)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:06, Fri 12 February 2010 »
Very nice!  8)

You don't see enough red ones.  :mrgreen:

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22:09, Fri 12 February 2010 »
Both very tasty examples  :D  Did you have coilovers up front on the red one?

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16:01, Sun 14 February 2010 »
Quote from: "5-Mission"
Both very tasty examples  :D  Did you have coilovers up front on the red one?

Thanks mate,  no..  I dont think there were any coilovers for the 5 when I had that car.. I fitted the lowest springs I could find and then I handed it to my mate who worked in a garage who then returned it with a coil cut off..lol..  not wise!  But the spring was held in with some steel ties so it couldnt jump out.... but to be fair... it handled like a go-kart afterwards and wasnt too hard either... so I was quite happy lol.  

I have a set of new coilovers sitting in there box these days, but not sure I'll use them.

When I sold that car I bought a Fiesta RS turbo...and fitted Leda Coilovers on that...and it was silly low!  I was a low rider crazy dude!

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18:28, Thu 18 February 2010 »
hey gttboost,love the red one mate betcha they were all as clean as the tungy,i just cant believe the shine on the red one mate they look stunning 8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22:14, Sun 28 February 2010 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
hey gttboost,love the red one mate betcha they were all as clean as the tungy,i just cant believe the shine on the red one mate they look stunning 8)

Cheere baz  :)  the red one was great car.  That was the original paint and reflected like a mirror  8)  my mates used to say they could see me coming along a mile away as the wheels were so shiny.  The guy I bought it from used to work for Radbourne Racing and it was race tuned from new...it scared the hell out of me  :shock:  :lol:

Hope your 5 is well mate... havent heard from you in a while, have you done anymore to yours?   8)

dubstep

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16:02, Thu 04 March 2010 »
They are some sick rides! I hate looking back over my previous cars and realising im rolling an MX3 now! Why did i sell my Vti?!
I joined to sell my 480 engine and now i want a 5!

http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7434

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18:59, Fri 05 March 2010 »
Quote from: "dubstep"
They are some sick rides! I hate looking back over my previous cars and realising im rolling an MX3 now! Why did i sell my Vti?!

Thanks mate,  haha... we have all done that   :?   but at the time... it always seems a great idea!   :lol: