Author Topic: Another new R5 GTT  (Read 7969 times)

bniasR5GTT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another new R5 GTT
« Reply #15 on: 21:10, Mon 15 February 2010 »
thats cool...

not much of a computer person but i love the picture !

like you said definetly down to personal opinion about the bonnet but if i could get a silver standard one then i would change it.... but have had loads of problems finding any silver body parts...

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18:25, Thu 18 February 2010 »
nice car mate do like the silver dont see many of these going about,keep us posted on your mods 8)

bniasR5GTT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19:25, Thu 18 February 2010 »
thanks baz,

have been cracking on with the mods over the last week, hopefully the rain will hold off long enough for me to take a few pics

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19:55, Thu 18 February 2010 »
cool brian,same my end bud had a few dry days to get stuff done,keep the piccys comin bud 8)

bniasR5GTT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16:06, Sun 14 March 2010 »
right update time......

had the pleasure of doing the other drive shaft today finally after i got fed up with the clonking !!!

been stacked out at work so just started recarpeting the boot, both rear arches and fitted my rear boot strut. Not too sure what to do with the 6x9 speakers yet may modify the eliptical boot panel holes to hold them ??????

Tinted the rear quarter windows as dont want (nosey) people to see in the back,

Purchased a nice new set of alloys (also wrapped in sticky pirelli tyres) to replace the old tatty looking ones !

Been thwarted by inheirant aei unit issues but hopefully that will be sorted soon, Also had enough of touching up the front of my bonnet due to stone chips (due to the crap roads round here breaking up) so have wrapped the front of the bonnet in carbon fibre.

Any opinions on whether i should do the front grill too ?
Im just not too sure ????

bniasR5GTT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16:45, Sun 28 March 2010 »
Right another update,

After inheirant aei unit/tdc sensor problems i purchased a new unit and sensor from my friendly mate who works or renault, and got a lovely discount on both too (even though i had to wait ages for the aei unit to be shipped from france) also got a second hand one from James5 which will come in handy if i ever have problems again!

Fitted them yesterday after taking a trip to see scratcher, where i purchased myself a standard silver bonnet which im suprised to say is a perfect colour match even though my car has been resprayed before. (pics to follow)

Now im onto the tricky part of removing my skirts as it had new sills welded on about 1 year ago and can see a bit of surface rust travelling up between the skirt and the door shut so will be treating that and hopefully dont find any nastyness under the skirts !!!

Been busy at work so the boot build is taking its time to get gone even though ive fully carpeted it and now just waiting for some time to finish it with a little alloy chequer plate to cover the joins (join with the original carpet and the edge of the boot !)

Picture of the new bonnet on the car

Also i have found a few pics of my old r5  when me and the misses went to the inlaws in holland, think they were taken in calais ferry port waiting for our ferry.

would like to add if anybody has seen my old r5 or knows of its where abouts would like to see it again as it hold many memories especially on that trip where me and the other half spent 2 hours bombing around the cobbled streets of the old medieval belgium town of brugge trying to find our hotel before it got dark ! The locals didnt take to kindly to it  :lol:  :lol:

Anyway back to the current car......

Ive not been able to take it out and about much as the problems ive had with it, didnt want to have the embaressment of being towed home again by the misses (how embarressing that was)  :oops:

But hopefully now all seems well as ive been out this afternoon (not far) and it coped well with a little trundle to the local KFC and back.

Anywho boring myself goin on about my problems so gonna go now but will keep you all posted with all eventuallities/problems that (finger crossed) wont happen.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21:18, Sun 28 March 2010 »
Looks a lot better with the new bonnet, very lucky with the colour match as well.  8)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23:18, Sun 28 March 2010 »
Its good to hear you've sorted out all the problems and got to take it out without a tow home  :D

The colour match looks spot on with the bonnet. Are those clouds reflected in it? Thats some good waxing  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:

The old tungy looked very nice too. I see what you mean now with the fog lights and towing eye.

bniasR5GTT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10:30, Mon 29 March 2010 »
yes it is reflecting the clouds, top job with the waxing scratcher .....  :D  :D

hondaman

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11:38, Mon 29 March 2010 »
ewwww not checker plate that stuff is tacky! id say just be carefull with the carpeting and youl get a much tidier finish

bniasR5GTT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14:55, Mon 29 March 2010 »
i know checker plates a bit tacky but need to find something to cover the join between the carpet and the acoustic fabric ........

want a nice finish otherwise theres no point doing it .......

any ideas then ?????

hondaman

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16:51, Mon 29 March 2010 »
could you not raise the floor of the boot to hide an amp and wiring etc using mdf on blocks?? i dunno without seing pics lol

bniasR5GTT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21:43, Wed 14 April 2010 »
UPDATE TIME !!!!!

Right first things first i can finally report that all is well with the car, (touch wood) ive had it set up by k-tec on there rolling road with a print out at 189.2bhp which i was extremely chuffed with after all the problems ive been having with running/fuelling issues !

So tonight me and my better half went out for a long drive in it ! Heres a few snaps of it parked up on top of the hill .....

So all in all a good evenin out, no break downs, no issues and a pleasent drive !!

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22:02, Wed 14 April 2010 »
The best part of 190BHP is a great result. The car is looking good, but you camera 'skillz' are terrible.  :lol:

bniasR5GTT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23:04, Wed 14 April 2010 »
i know, i was freezing and it was blowin a hoolie so the shiverin took effect on the pics  :lol: