Author Topic: phase 2 Dacia 1310 GT Turbo  (Read 14639 times)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: phase 2 Dacia 1310 GT Turbo
« Reply #15 on: 17:26, Wed 31 March 2010 »
Sound really interesting  :D  
Does the gearbox bolt straight up?

That 18 4x4 is unstoppable in the snow  :lol:

canny_eu

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08:13, Thu 01 April 2010 »
The front of the gearbox is removable, (the clutch housing) it comes from Dacia and bolts straight up to the R18 gearbox.
The previosly gearbox that I had on the car  was from a R18 aswell but with fwd.
Now with the awd I must chop the middle bottom of the floor and make the channel for the rear driveshaft because I dont want to raise the car.
Yes that 18 4x4 is unstoppable on snow, I hope that it will put the power the same on tarmac  :twisted:
We can make a better world !

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #17 on: 13:42, Thu 01 April 2010 »
Mate, this is fantastic and if you are still considering a VNT you want one with a T2 / T25 flange so that would the model of an Audi a6 2.5 v6 TDI 0 GT2052v.

Keep the pics flowing would love the see the awd

Buga

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22:23, Mon 05 April 2010 »
Quote from: "canny_eu"
The front of the gearbox is removable, (the clutch housing) it comes from Dacia and bolts straight up to the R18 gearbox.
The previosly gearbox that I had on the car  was from a R18 aswell but with fwd.
Now with the awd I must chop the middle bottom of the floor and make the channel for the rear driveshaft because I dont want to raise the car.
Yes that 18 4x4 is unstoppable on snow, I hope that it will put the power the same on tarmac  :twisted:

Ai rezolvat problema cu galeria ? De ce ai optat pentru ' serpii' aia ? Bafta cu 4x4 !

( Did you solve the problem with the exhaust mainfold ? Why did you do the exhaust yourself ? Good luck with the 4x4 ! )

Maxwell

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reallymeansounds.com/forum
« Reply #19 on: 16:38, Tue 06 April 2010 »
i absolutely love it you crazy romanian guy!!! haha

awesome car :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
1990 Renault 5 GT Turbo Raider
2000 Citroen Saxo VTSupercharged

canny_eu

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10:54, Fri 09 April 2010 »
This weeks I buy mysels a mig welder machine and I will remake the exhaust manifold.
I wanted a side exhaust manifold because on my car the engine is positioned longitudinal and not transversal as on the 5's and with the side exhaust I can make equal size pipes for each cilinder unlike the stock one and the intake of the turbo is oriented straight to the front of the car = colder air

I need some help.
 Does it worth to use a lightened flyweel ???

Because I'm afraid that the engine brake will be much too brutal with an lightened flyweel and the bennefits of such a flywhell will be insignifiant

James5, 10x for the tip with the VNT turbo, for the moment I abandoned the ideea of an VNT and I'm using a KKK16, small size turbo, bigger size compressor. Hopefully it will do the the job as I want , minimal lag and higher boost

I'm glad that you like my car :)
We can make a better world !

Buga

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21:12, Mon 19 April 2010 »
Quote from: "canny_eu"
This weeks I buy mysels a mig welder machine and I will remake the exhaust manifold.
I wanted a side exhaust manifold because on my car the engine is positioned longitudinal and not transversal as on the 5's and with the side exhaust I can make equal size pipes for each cilinder unlike the stock one and the intake of the turbo is oriented straight to the front of the car = colder air

I need some help.
 Does it worth to use a lightened flyweel ???

Because I'm afraid that the engine brake will be much too brutal with an lightened flyweel and the bennefits of such a flywhell will be insignifiant

James5, 10x for the tip with the VNT turbo, for the moment I abandoned the ideea of an VNT and I'm using a KKK16, small size turbo, bigger size compressor. Hopefully it will do the the job as I want , minimal lag and higher boost

I'm glad that you like my car :)

I do not think that the engine will be the problem with the flyweel , but the gearbox . It will make revs more fast but i do not think the gearbox will hold at more than 1 bar .. good luck