Author Topic: NEW 5 Grey  (Read 40927 times)

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: NEW 5 Grey
« Reply #30 on: 17:19, Sun 24 January 2010 »
just got back in from tidying up the rear of my car and seeing what goodies where in there finally and quite annoyed to find some of the wiring loom to be on the floor and been cut away from the engine look. the alt plug, radiator sensor plugf and a few small wires where off it. so now i gotta get a new one.

also with regards of putting a rollcage in do i need to take the rear door cards out as i seem when i try to get it in the rear door cars make it impossible to touch the inside arches

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: 17:30, Sun 24 January 2010 »
jay use the loom from your black GTT??

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17:55, Sun 24 January 2010 »
keeping that on the road aswell. other wise i would.

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 22:04, Wed 27 January 2010 »
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5868 just been updated slightly

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20:48, Mon 08 March 2010 »
finally completed the inside of this just got to do welding and respray .
inserted a mint parcel shelf, and lining for the boot,

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21:04, Mon 08 March 2010 »
only day off this week so i fort i would take the perfect day along with the nice weather to work on my car.

went got me a 4.12 tow rope which is from Tescos, well worth it.
towed the car from my house to my garage and while my mate was towin it with another mate steering it i noticed the both wheels on the drivers side was badly wobbling so pulld him over and noticed all wheels where not tight at all which i never checked when i purchased it, cunt selling me that, luckily no damage done to the car or my friend. once got it there stripped the inside rear out where and replaced the rollcage in so that now just needs some holes drilling and fixed down. took both front seats out. changed all wheels to alloys so its all on them now and its decked down. jus need to spend some time now inside sorting out the mess of wires around the ignition/steering wheel aswell as a few around the fuse box when i get time so then the inside is complete after iget my buckets for it.

Show Rollcage

Drivers Side [Rear]

Passenger Side [Rear]

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 22:22, Mon 08 March 2010 »
Those wheels look good with the tungy paint  8)
Did you sort the roll cage problems out from before then?

hondaman

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08:56, Tue 09 March 2010 »
jeeeeeesus youve got a hill to climb with that engine bay dont ya lol nice lookin 5 though i love grey cars  :mrgreen:

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19:46, Tue 09 March 2010 »
Quote from: "hondaman"
jeeeeeesus youve got a hill to climb with that engine bay dont ya lol nice lookin 5 though i love grey cars  :mrgreen:
no hill jus my great photo taking, haha.

Quote from: "scratcher"
Those wheels look good with the tungy paint  8)
Did you sort the roll cage problems out from before then?
yeah scrather, i unbolted rear interior & ripped it out and i literally mean that as it wouldnt budge. it is in place and fits i jus need to drill the holes in the right place, and my car for interior atm has rear seats with it inside which looks sweet. the car is decked down and looks sweet with these wheels which im happy with. but i have a while to go for this 1 to start up. got lost in the ebay with the wires but shouldnt 1s i get a new loom for it in place as this loom is chopped up badly. im hoping to get the car started first off with in a month or so.

when changing a water pump what else should i change and whats the best way doing this all ? outside the bay on a engine holder?

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 23:07, Tue 09 March 2010 »
got down the garage after work again today, took the bonnet off snapped 1 of the bolts off the bonnet, crippled some of the wires the prev owner did his own DIY on and made it look mess so now there looking better.

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18:44, Sat 13 March 2010 »
i know you scrather have the full set of silcone tubes that are off of ebay but i was wondering who else have these and other than the water pipe nippels easily breaking have you experienced any other problems and whats your opinion about these kits ? the reason i as is seeing as im looking at rebuilding most the engine i mite aswell give it a new look with these while i do the engine up.

i also got down the garage today and strip the engine down a little taking out the rad, water pipe, carb off, and heater pipes, boost pipes out. carb top

i want to give my carb a clean while its off, i was wondering what is the best stuff to get the shit off of it thats on the outside, so it looks clean, i have degreaser and engine cleaner stuff. but want something that will get deep down into it and take it off easily.

took this late at night but will get a day time shot 2moro or so.

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21:14, Sat 13 March 2010 »
To clean the carb, strip it and put it in a bowl of warm vinegar for fifteen minutes, then blast it clean with carb cleaner and a softish wire brush  :wink:

The ASI hoses aren't bad in my oppinion. I just had some dodgy nipples ( :lol: ) but a good few people run them with no problems.

Brigsy has a set on his Extra van  :D

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 06:43, Tue 16 March 2010 »
Okay scratcher ill look into these then. do these include the pipes for the heater matrixs ? i think its them, its the 2 pipes tht go in the car on the passengers side

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 15:45, Wed 17 March 2010 »
Yep. It comes with all of the coolant and breather hoses. The only ones missing are the oil return ones from the turbo to sump.

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12:56, Sat 20 March 2010 »
cheers scratcher for that info. rang up SFS today and emailed for cash prices on a full kit so waiting on a reply atm.

im so puzzled what to do with my engine. i want to get the engine sorted and hear firing up but i need to get it all cleaned up inside as there has been what me and my mates think a mouse living there as of the evidence we have found plus there is some surface rust i want to get rid of and give it a spray job inside to help prevent more rust recuring.

ordered me a new set of water pump gaskets which im going to put on with a spare water pump that i have this tuesday