Author Topic: NEW 5 Grey  (Read 41081 times)

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: NEW 5 Grey
« Reply #105 on: 16:27, Mon 25 October 2010 »
cheers for the idea of PTFE which local plumbing shop give me it for free as i just wanted 1 reel of it. but i couldnt get the banjo off to apply it to, i was wondering what size spanner is that bolt, 21mm or sumit ?

with reference to the pipe work, i have a feeling its leaking from the 12mm bolt, if you look at the picture  below you can see the 12mm has a cone shape insert inside the 12mm nut and it can twist freely around the whole tubing and has could have a gap if not seeled up properly once done up, but the 13mm is its a standard nut that cant be moved around so thats why i fort it was wrong, maybe it was leaking from the bottom of the 12mm nut or am i just going mad on this idea, should i twist the pipework around and see if that stops the leak, but when i looked on CGB it says im doing it correctly from an image on there site.

12mm nut

13mm nut

like to also say thanks for Markey Mark to doing the work of my header relocation to scuttle panel all i need to do is change the pipework when i can get my hands on some water pipes in blue :D

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 20:20, Tue 26 October 2010 »
any answers for this ...

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #107 on: 20:31, Tue 26 October 2010 »
Looks like the metal fixings merely push into the plastic tubing, not the best idea for a pipe that see's alot of pressure.  If it's not sealing properly I would be tempted contact CGB's and say it's faulty.  Personally I would get a braided pipe for the oil pressure gauge if you can.

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 20:54, Tue 26 October 2010 »
this is the 2nd 1 that i got off them.

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #109 on: 21:30, Tue 26 October 2010 »
Quote from: "jayy.cfg"
this is the 2nd 1 that i got off them.

Sorry i would get it back to Bob and ask for a refund clearly crap quality pipe and fittings, look for a setup with a braided oil pipe

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 15:50, Wed 27 October 2010 »
apparently after talkin to bob it stated to use PTFE tape so im going to give it ago and see what that does for now, while i get some pennies saved up to pop over to pirtek or somewhere that can do me a braided hose for it.

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 16:53, Mon 17 October 2011 »
sold this over a year ago, and its popped back on ebay so im going to try win it back so hopefully ill b back in the 5 scene, and if i dont ill wait til i come across another. i cant believe the car had not improved since i sold it, seems to have parts missing from it tho.

gorde 5

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 20:41, Fri 28 October 2011 »
Hi guys im a new member an i own the very car mentioned on ebay,the car is in very rough condition and many parts are missing,im in process of gettin it running tomorrow,did this car car ever run as ebay lister who sold it said it started an drove however without fuel pump no boost hoses an no rad hoses very unlikely,luckily i have enough parts to try and save this car or it will be stripped of parts.

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 18:01, Fri 30 December 2011 »
i had this car running mate, i had markey mark come down and do some modifications to the wiring.

when i sold it to him he only had to do the respray and patch the part that on the passengers arch, and also just sort out the braided oil pipe from the block end as it was leaking oil, just needed some plumbing tape around the screw thread and then put back in.

i was going to take this back off him as i miss it alot but he wouldnt give me time to fund the money and he wantd too much for it at the time to quit the auction.

if u get rid of this please tell me as i will have it for sure unless i have another or a astra turbo

gorde 5

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 11:38, Sun 01 January 2012 »
Hi thanks for reply,yes i got the car running a few months ago briefly to check if there was any nasty noises but it was ok,car has been fully stripped and resprayed to white inside and out,only going to use as track car as to much interior was missing,would love to post images but i havent a clue on this site,their are still some wiring issues to sort but nothing major and yes the oil feed pipe leaks from turbo end this time not block end!

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 18:41, Tue 03 January 2012 »
well be nice to see some pics of it defo

gorde 5

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 21:17, Wed 18 January 2012 »