Author Topic: NEW 5 Grey  (Read 40697 times)

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
NEW 5 Grey
« on: 10:15, Thu 07 January 2010 »
So i have gone off course finishing off my black 5 atm as it could do with a new shell and respray as of the rott, and dodgy cutting in area of the shell. come across a nice find on ebay
ph1 with nice shell, that i can see, sills sold. got it nice and cheap as of no mot n tax and none runner. was a garden sitter aswell. needs a lil tlc. come with some parts gonna swap n sell.

come with-
chrome rollcage
chrome rocker cover
black 15" alloys
possible carisma bumper or 1 sim ( this ill be selling, not fan of a/m bumpers )

needs for now-
battery
fuel relay
front bumper ( got spare in garage )
centre console
door lock set
drivers headlight (should have this or maybe not)
respray
alarm (seeing drivers n boot are smooth)

*PICS TO BE ADDED SOON*

baby blue r5 gtt

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: NEW 5 Grey
« Reply #1 on: 16:37, Thu 07 January 2010 »
fingers crossed its not a tea strainer if its been stood about, pics needed  :)  are you breaking the black one??

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19:55, Thu 07 January 2010 »
not 100% sure yet as i mite jus work on the bodywork and relocate the fuel entry to somewhere else. iif thats cheaper to do and jus weld up the mess that is there.

last night had it at the bottom of my hill and doors unlocked and had loads of things in there worth a bit of money but got  a mate with a 4x4 to tow it up to my house then had 3 mates hel push it on the driveway now got sheet over it and guna get cracking on with it when the snow goes btween saturday n nxt wk. got a few days off next wk. work on the inside clean it out. see what i need. get some1 in to help with the engine as theres a few wires laying about.

baby blue r5 gtt

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:43, Fri 08 January 2010 »
that the plans for new one? need to work on mine but its under a ft of snow  :x

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:28, Fri 08 January 2010 »
i got a car cover for mine so its all good for me for when i wanna do some work to it.
got to get inside the car get all the wheels out, bumper out to take a few photo to sell it on and get the carpet out and decide to buy new 1 or clean it and then fit teh chrome rollcage in there properly. 2moro il try get some photos up as of the snow

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18:44, Sat 09 January 2010 »

some pics of it from this morning. i have alot of cleaning to do inside the engine before i can do anything

baby blue r5 gtt

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20:27, Sat 09 January 2010 »
break it and sell me the bits  :D

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21:28, Sat 09 January 2010 »
theres some parts im selling off this but atm not much.
front bumper is one thing for sure.
rollcage is a keeper.

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23:20, Thu 14 January 2010 »
so after the snow come down and didnt settle thank fuck. i got the cover off the front of the car and went in the rear of the car to see what goodies i got with the car and to clean up the engine bay a little. Found the nice uncut parcel shelf, material type doorcards that need a clean up.

could anyone help with this, im not 100% sure what water system to have in the car atm the car is all standard and is a phrase one setup, but i know you can alter this to being phrase two with using the swirl pot, header tank and water pipes from a phrase two so i was wondering what is better to have in your car. also notice i have a anti-perc fan in this car aswell so i want to take that out and get the cup mod on this engine. some pics of a messy bay from today.

philsr5gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13:33, Fri 15 January 2010 »
swap everything over from the phase 2 you have to the phase 1

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14:31, Fri 15 January 2010 »
the hole engine is ph1 mate so there be nothing to change over in the engine bay then :D
at the rear of the bay there is a metal pipe that i assume is an oil pipe where would that connect to ?

philsr5gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16:57, Fri 15 January 2010 »
what i was meaning was like water pipes water pump little bits like that  the pipe at the back of the engine youll find that goes to the exhaust turbo elbow and then to the carb

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17:06, Fri 15 January 2010 »
That metal pipe is part of the actuator set up. Its screws into the back of the turbo elbow. But if you're doing the actuator 'cup mod' on it you'll be ditching it anyway.

It was very easy to swap everything from the phase 1 to phase 2 cooling set up.
Just get the header tank (and bracket, depending on where you're putting it) and swirl pot and the hoses. The two rad hoses are the same so thats two less to worry about  :wink:

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17:20, Fri 15 January 2010 »
guna get it moved over to where i want it and get the ph1 bracket out the way. would i need to use the bracket in the scuttle panel still or need a custom 1 ?

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18:44, Fri 15 January 2010 »
These the pic's of the car then mate, looks like there'll be a few wires i'll be cutting out of that engine bay mate. Bit of tidying up too
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.