Author Topic: My 1st Renault 5 gtt  (Read 5476 times)

eddy_gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: My 1st Renault 5 gtt
« Reply #30 on: 23:39, Sat 09 January 2010 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
Quote from: "eddy_gtt"
well was out and about today and my clutch went. thrust bearing has gone i think, peddle hit the floor and when i checked the cable it was fine, checked the clutch leaver on top of the box and i could move it with my hand. price a new clutch up at euro car parts for 85. anyone recommend anywhere else?

Check the pedal itself before you start removing everything. The ratchet is plastic and prone to failing.

what about the clutch arm on the ox tho? it shouldnt move that easy. the arm is pushed right over 2wards the passange side of he box. :?:

DRAZEN NST

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zafc.bigforumpro.com
« Reply #31 on: 19:46, Sun 10 January 2010 »
Nice car ;)
[size=200]NORTH SIDE TEAM Subotica [/size]

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21:45, Sun 10 January 2010 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
well was out and about today and my clutch went. thrust bearing has gone i think, peddle hit the floor and when i checked the cable it was fine, checked the clutch leaver on top of the box and i could move it with my hand. price a new clutch up at euro car parts for 85. anyone recommend anywhere else?

Check the pedal itself before you start removing everything. The ratchet is plastic and prone to failing.

what about the clutch arm on the ox though? it shouldnt move that easy. the arm is pushed right over 2wards the passange side of he box. :?:

That doesn't sound good.  :?

If your going to break something, might aswell do it properly!

Looks like your going to have to take it apart and do some investigating. Good luck.

eddy_gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10:00, Mon 11 January 2010 »
new clutch ordered, picking that up at 1pm today and ordered the rest of my boost pipes so i will be able to get the intercooler and clutch done at the same time  :D

once the front mount intercooler is fitted, what is the max, safest i can turn the boost up too?

eddy_gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09:40, Tue 19 January 2010 »
well i got my gear box out to replace the clutch to find my thrust bearing in 5 bits and part of the arm out of the box was smashed so when i put the thrust bearing on it was loose and just flopped about.

so today i got my self a renault 11 gear box to go on and hopefully it will be back on the road today.

also fitting my front mount while the car is in bits  :D