Author Topic: my new wheels  (Read 3003 times)

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
my new wheels
« on: 14:43, Sun 25 October 2009 »
Bought this GTT about 5 weeks ago, always wanted one and when i had the chance to get this one....i jumped at it. Not looking to do anything too drastic to it on the outside, I like the basic look. But hoping to make a few engine upgrades along the way but first thing is to get it running sweetly. These are the pics when it was advertised I will upload some of my own soon. what do you think?

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: my new wheels
« Reply #1 on: 15:43, Sun 25 October 2009 »
Looks like a good example.  8)

garya

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18:22, Sun 25 October 2009 »
i seen this advertised the car for sale wasnt to far from me i think it was ayrshire,a offerd him a swap for my old saxo but obv he wasnt intrested very nice car tho,what mods have been done to it,and how is the car running mate.
RENAULT 5 GT TURBO CAMPUS

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21:24, Sun 25 October 2009 »
Quote from: "garya"
i seen this advertised the car for sale wasnt to far from me i think it was ayrshire,a offerd him a swap for my old saxo but obv he wasnt intrested very nice car though,what mods have been done to it,and how is the car running mate.

yeah your right, it was ayrshire i got it.  its was running good, and pulling fine through the gears, but due to it needing a new gearbox mount i was not really able to push as much as would have liked cos im afraid of causing further damage. but at the tail end of last week the small reservoir tank for the coolant has sprung a leak so, for now she's sitting waiting patiently for renault to get delivery of a new one. sometimes after being left on the driveway for a day or longer, when i try and start it, sometimes it takes ages to get going (especially on cold mornings), the perk fan has been removed, so could this be the cause?
mods that have been done.... stripped interior(not even a stereo) with red roll cage, standard gtt front seats.
i was told the engine was rebuilt last year and done had less than 1k miles since, but i have no proof. i do have a massive folder of reciepts and service history tho, and a lot of k-tec engine components used, so going by the reciepts this the main bits I can find are....
full scorpion 3" exhaust system
induction kit
ktr fast road all round disk brakes
turbo technics stage 2 turbo
GRP A dump valve
BB racing paddle clutch

i was also told its set running a low boost, approx 11psi and 170bhp, but again i have no proof and have doubts. would this figure be possible?
 next up I want to get some chrome replacement engine parts, a front mounted intercooler - anyone selling one?? then off to the rr, and get someone too look at the fueling and see what boost im running

loopylee

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23:48, Sun 25 October 2009 »
looks nice and standard to me mate
not too sure on the spec as i am new to 5`s

lee

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 00:40, Tue 17 November 2009 »
found a decent pic on my phone and thought i'd share it 8)

hendyR5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:47, Tue 17 November 2009 »
lookin good m8  :D
where abouts in ayrshire did u get it?
am from around those woods but a cant ever remember seeing a tungy!!!

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:58, Tue 17 November 2009 »
got it form a village called ochiltree, not far from cumnock. where bouts are you?

hendyR5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15:07, Tue 17 November 2009 »
Not to far away then! am in North Ayrshire, Kilwinning.
Theres been a few 5's in the town over the last few years so am keeping it going!!
A had been lookin for a tungy for over a year but couldnt remember seeing any up my way! they wer either flipped coloured or a a total mess  :( good lookin car tho  :wink: