Author Topic: Carb problem  (Read 1936 times)

cliogtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Carb problem
« on: 11:58, Tue 22 September 2009 »
Hello, I have a problem in mine carb, it are good, I had for a new kit of reconstruction. only that now the right carburetor not work in relanti, and the screw of Co2 does not make effect, in relanti the rotation of the engine assists between the 800 and 1400rpm, and when the car you in one uphill, capsized for top, the fixed rotation is nasd 1900rpm, in soil it starts to balance between the 800 and 1400rpm and the times goes below the engine. before reconstrui it to it with the new kit, it are good, this was after mounting the new kit, already I disassembled new it of seeing if some missed thing are, more you all the certain new leveio e of and you the equal one. what tink that can the problem, one helps please.
Tanks

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 15:46, Tue 22 September 2009 »
I take it English is not your native language as that is really hard to understand...?
Anyway..

Air leak from one of the pipes to the carb (carb to AEI unit usually or D/V leaking)
Carb base not sealing, may need a small smear of sealant between the gasket & the inlet manifold.
Idle jet may need a clean.
Mixture (Co2 adjustment) screw may have snapped off in the carb base, a new screw will sort this..
Poss air leak from green seals on spindle of butterfly.
Are you sure you replaced all the gaskets correctly with the right ones ?

cliogtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 19:26, Tue 22 September 2009 »
I am Portuguese, therefore Ingles half deficient that I write.
The pipes of vacuum to AEI are good, I only changed the old gaskets for a new kit, and relanti was sufficiently steady and the screw of mixture left to make effect, squeeze and relief and it do not make nothing, have manometer AFR and the mixture in relanti you the always poor one, before when opening the screw of the mixture was very soon rich and now it does not make nothing, is poor always.

cliogtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 19:32, Tue 22 September 2009 »
Quote from: "5teve L"
I
Idle jet may need a clean.
Are you sure you replaced all the gaskets correctly with the right ones ?

I put the gaskets corretly
Where is the Idle jet.

Tanks

Renault 5 gt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 19:45, Tue 22 September 2009 »
hi if its not a big job for you its better you open again the carb from top and check if the jets are all cleaned very well cause this is the problem that renault 5 gt turbo carb do when you change the gasket,what i mean is you need tochange everything once you opend it

Sangin

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 18:55, Wed 23 September 2009 »
Quick one after reading that. My mixture screw is all the way in and its still running rich(Garage told me). Your reckon my screw may be knackered and a new screw will sort it out? Im new to this so be gentle! LOL

Jay-normous

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 02:49, Fri 25 September 2009 »
Mixture screw is for idleing only... look in to getting smaller jets in your carb..

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 15:26, Fri 25 September 2009 »
Quote from: "Sangin"
Quick one after reading that. My mixture screw is all the way in and its still running rich(Garage told me). Your reckon my screw may be knackered and a new screw will sort it out? Im new to this so be gentle! LOL

Yes possibly it's snapped off & not adjusting at all, does the mix screw do anything at all when you turn it in or out ?