Author Topic: renault 5 gt turbo (campus)  (Read 9559 times)

garya

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: 23:41, Thu 15 October 2009 »
yip i am not lookin for mega power from it just around 160-180bhp that should be fast enuff to smoke some scoobys a hope lol.want to buy another one already and use it for track lol
RENAULT 5 GT TURBO CAMPUS

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: 23:49, Thu 15 October 2009 »
:lol: oh yes smoking scoobys is my priority too,im hoping for the 250 mark once my baby is run in,i know what you mean  :lol: one for show and one for raggin the hole out off on the track :lol:

garya

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: 23:52, Thu 15 October 2009 »
lol yip what turbo you using am just standard t2 a like it tho spools up fast wouldnt mind a little upgrade tho to a t25/t2  with the .47rear.still got one problem to fix before i start my mods tho and that is its smoking on idle but ava turbo had it on the rollers and says it boost perfect so it aint the turbo and said it is the breather pipes so get that fixed,but hes wanting 120 just to sort it bit expensive tho:( lol

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: 00:06, Fri 16 October 2009 »
im running my engine in on the t2,at 0.8 bar but i have a t28 im gonna run,see how it fairs up,know t2 has been a great turbo spools really fast probably gonna get monster lag from this t28,is it a new turbo or an old unit,it could either be seals in the exhaust side of the turbo or if any of the valve stem oil seals have came off shell smoke on idle,easy to check mate just wap off the rocker cover and youll see if the seals are off,and take it from there,maybe could be breather problems but would have to be bad to smoke on idle,the oil basically would have to travel right through your engine and back out the exhaust side of the turbo,i would go for the easy option first mate :wink:

garya

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: 00:09, Fri 16 October 2009 »
a few people have said that to me mate but the guy who a got it from just rebuilt the engine not that long ago and said everything was fine.am not to sure on the turbos history.if the valve stem oil seals have came off is that a easy job to fix mate.cheers

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: 00:19, Fri 16 October 2009 »
defo worth a look mate they can pop off when there new,i presume the guy who built it fitted uprated ones?if the guy has gave you any paper work with the car i would check back and see if there uprated ones,there much better,if they have popped off you can see them through the valve springs,it would be fiddly gettin em back on but it can be done,worst case senario is head off and valves out to either replace them all or refit em,just have to be carefull with them theres a ring on them that opens when there fitted onto the top of the valve guide this will be quit stiff but your lookin to get this down onto the valve guide as far and tight as you can,you will see the how its suppose to look by checking the rest of the valves as long as there not all off :? that would be very unlucky

garya

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: 00:23, Fri 16 October 2009 »
cheers baz a will try that at the wend mate.it drives fine right enuff but once u use that boost it drinks the jucie lol.how do i turn the boost up using the acurator?..or is that a bad idea when my car is smoking on idle lol.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: 00:38, Fri 16 October 2009 »
nae problem mate hope all goes well,i would sort out your smoke problem first,then you can fiddle later,is it the standard black actuator or is it an uprated one basically all you do is slacken off the lock nut on the threaded rod part of the actuator and twist the rod so the rod looks like its getting shorter,now this will only need a small turn dont go to much because you dont want to have too much boost and not enough fuel,i wouldnt go higher than 14 psi,or youll have to start goin down the road of rejitting your carb and fitting an uprated fuel pump,so just nice and easy,be carefull with the rod and nut aswell because most of these are 20 years old and can snap so beware mate,if you think its gonna just leave it and buy an uprated one which is fully adjustable and brand new :wink:

garya

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: 00:54, Fri 16 October 2009 »
a think i will just leave tuning the boost up just now baz erm a think its just standard mate (double accurator would that be right )well it looks double prob just standard lol.am new to this game mate my dad has always had 5s even had a gordini turbo a gtx and a monaco so 5s have been in the family for years so he helps me out on fixing it and teaching me sum stuff lol.but its good to come on here and get some tips from yous guys. :D has a look at ur 5 there mate my god that must of took alot of ur time and work to do all that to ur 5 a suppose at least its sumthing to be proud of :D lol cheers enyway baz a will keep you posted when a sort the smoking out.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: renault 5 gt turbo (campus)
« Reply #24 on: 01:10, Mon 19 October 2009 »
hey bud aye think your main priority is to stop it smoking then have a play with your mods 8) yes it has bud its been a labour of love and its still not finished yet by a long shot,im pretty lucky because i work offshore so have time at home for doin bits to my 5 plus i was a mechanic for 11 years which is a big help :lol: besta luck we your 5 pal keep me posted

garya

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: renault 5 gt turbo (campus) UPDATE:D
« Reply #25 on: 22:41, Fri 04 June 2010 »
Update :D Got a t25 from rob which i am very pleased with also got a forge double cap and some sfs and samco hoses.put gtt seats back in as the leathers aint doing it for me and found a red carpet which was in a right mess oil all over it BUT with a little tlc i managed to get it looking pritty good :mrgreen: .also got a sidey with 2 1/2downpipe not fitted yet will fit when i fit the t25.

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: renault 5 gt turbo (campus)
« Reply #26 on: 12:49, Sat 05 June 2010 »
I really like this car. I'm not a fan of smooth boots, but it looks well nice on this one.
I was gonna suggest a sidey and filling the bumper for a complete euro behind but your one step ahead already :D
That and some stretched tyres  :wink: