Author Topic: baby blue r5 gtt  (Read 13161 times)

baby blue r5 gtt

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
baby blue r5 gtt
« on: 09:35, Tue 18 August 2009 »
well bought my 1st real r5 turbo after previously owning a black 1.4 rep and a bright yellow ali g style 1.7 gtx, once i learn how to post up pics il let them do the talking, thats all for now

heres the spec,

Baby blue paint work
Bad boy bonnet
Fully rebuilt Standard 1.4 turbo engine
105,000 Miles on the clock
Approved Thatcham cat 1 Toad alarm
De-locked
Full Racing Clutch
15" Dezent Black alloys  
Full Magnex 2" exhaust system
Front Mounted Forge intercooler
Blue samco boost hoses
Boost gauge where clock was
Cosworth dump Valve
Lowered 35mm on the front 45mm on the back running on Full Koni suspension
Braided brake hoses
Group A carb
Polished chrome rocker cover and air filter
New battery
New Radiator
New Top hose and thermostat  
Momo corse steering wheel  
Classic air horn (road legal)
Pioneer Head unit
750w JBL amp and sub

Im sure there are more things i just cant think of anymore at the minute.

Has a folder with 5,700 quids worth of receipts.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 09:47, Tue 18 August 2009 »
Stick the spec up as well :)

Photobucket for uploading your piccies. You upload them into photobucket from your PC then use the image tags or on some forums direct link tags to link into your thread.
Use the test area of the forum to have a play with it rather than tying here 1st till you know you have it right.

If you hover over the piccies in photobucket a drop down will appear, then click on the img code & copy it, then post it into the thread you want, I tab so I have both sites open, then you can go back easily without loosing the page.. it should look like this but without the --

photobucket.com

baby blue r5 gtt

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 22:34, Wed 19 August 2009 »
thanks fella going to get it sorted tomorrow will get spec up now or make a start anyway lol

baby blue r5 gtt

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 11:31, Mon 24 August 2009 »
well got some pics sorted, how it arrived after 160miles on the back of my trailer so looking rather dirty  :o

main prob currently is body work

bonnet

as can be seen rather chiped on front edge and must have had a lot of filler in at some point and the heat has made it rise up as the bonnet has bumps all over

mirror

lifting slightly not bad just un sightly

top of door

bit scabby

rear quarter

agian just surface rust really

the worst culprit

what do you do if your sunroof leaks, pop to b & q and buy out all there roof and gutter sealant ffs!!

bit of paint lift again but not bad, its had 3 colour changes in its life!

the colour and large fmic made me buy it i'v always had a soft spot for large intercoolers, il post a pic of my old astra later

evidence of its many colours, door card removed as window wont go up under its own steam

custom cream carpet added to back to tidy it up and of course keep it looking street

obviously had a cheap doors shut windows masked over respray and negeleted door shuts etc so its been done in black with a rattle can, i wondered why it looked flacky! proper job

neighbours new car  8)  warrented a pic its stunning!!

plans are really to remove sunroof and have it plated and filled spray all the rusty bits, sort bonnet and spray, spray inside doors and shuts etc, then its moving on to engine to get a bit more power, got new oil and fiter and going to thourghly flush cooling system as its not very clean, got new external oil cooler to fit aswell but will keep posted! let me no what you think good or bad

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 16:02, Mon 24 August 2009 »
Very similar colour to my old R5, i had that painted in the light blue the 182's come in.

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 23:46, Mon 24 August 2009 »
Quote from: "baby blue r5 gtt"
main prob is bodywork

You'd never know from the 1st 4 pics! It's a shame someone stuck loads of mastic all over the sunroof instead of sorting the leak properly. Good luck getting it plated - could possibly be quite a job getting that perfect.
With a little bit of work you quite a decent 5 there. :D

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 08:56, Tue 25 August 2009 »
Yeah looks good, shame about the roof, you may be better trying to sort the sunroof out as the roof is so thin it will prob distort if you try to seam it, spot & fill may work but then it will only crack again at some point due to the flex in the roof
Shame someone did a half arsed job on painting it as well :(

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 15:02, Tue 25 August 2009 »
most leaking sun roofs are just down to the rubber seals perishing , top tip save some money and get down to Renault they still sell the rubber seals , will be oh so much easyer than trying to identify the blue , i went into a paint shop for my white renault and asked for a colour chart , they handed me over 5000 slips of white ........ besides will be cheaper , Good luck with the project tho!

baby blue r5 gtt

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 19:12, Tue 25 August 2009 »
prob bond a panel in and fill so shouldnt warp the roof, as for colour local paint supplier should be able to mix it up, not sure if its gordini blue as found on the clio 182 cup?

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 19:45, Tue 25 August 2009 »
depends wether its 2 pac paint ! Remember oil resin paints have changed to water based! and theres been some real colour matching issues but v, best of luck ! And Keep the sun Roof IMO they look s'wicked

baby blue r5 gtt

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 21:19, Tue 25 August 2009 »
yea its 2pac and can still get 2pac so should be ok, does it look like standard fit sunroof? know any one that has one spare? and how easy are they to change may just replace as the one in isnt saveable due to the amount of random crap filling it up

baby blue r5 gtt

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 21:24, Tue 25 August 2009 »

RICHIE

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5531
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: 21:28, Tue 25 August 2009 »
may go for this wonder if they fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-mk1- ... 286.c0.m14

possibly as a sunroof was not factory std they were all dealer fitted so you may get one still from main dealer.if its just the seal thats failing there are places that will make a seal for you

baby blue r5 gtt

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: 22:04, Tue 25 August 2009 »
dont think stanard one is salvagable tbh

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: 23:21, Tue 25 August 2009 »
Quote from: "RICHIE"
may go for this wonder if they fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-mk1- ... 286.c0.m14

possibly as a sunroof was not factory std they were all dealer fitted so you may get one still from main dealer.if its just the seal thats failing there are places that will make a seal for you

Really i thought it was a Luxury extra from renault ! Leran summit new every day