Author Topic: my car r5campus  (Read 15597 times)

DanielSon-gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: 22:22, Sun 14 June 2009 »
i was going to say nice set of axel stands  :lol:  :lol:
Go Boost Or Go Home

andy_wpo

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: 22:23, Sun 14 June 2009 »
tnks everyone for your kind word's.I've have a lot off work to make the car yo be like it is now and still have a lot to work on car to be like I want to be.
  The car will stay like this,no gtt body kit,a try to make a sleeper.I'm still curiouse how it goes with gtt engine.I hope in 2 days the car will be on the road

andy_wpo

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: 22:27, Sun 14 June 2009 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

about the "original" axel stand,i was in other city to make the rear low,so we use what find to sustain the car.this is it,use everything you can to work on the car  :D

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: 20:55, Tue 16 June 2009 »
Nice job - well done. I'm all for the forst job being lowering! Makes it look a million times better straight away, Those concrete block axle stands won't do your sill lips a lot of good though!

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: 21:49, Tue 16 June 2009 »
great work mate looking really good mate nice little sleeper project 8) keep us posted :D

andy_wpo

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: 22:15, Wed 17 June 2009 »
I didnt go with the car,because a few problem have shown.I have ignition problem because of a cabel and the clutch cabel does'nt fit.So i must have to wait a littel,before i can go with the car.
  But i don have patience to wait  :(

andy_wpo

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: 21:03, Fri 19 June 2009 »
is any diference betwen gtt cable cluch from gtt and campus?I want to now if i must buy a cabel clutch or is something ales,please tell my if somebody now.tnks

andy_wpo

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: 20:35, Mon 22 June 2009 »
i ride the car today........pufffffffff  :shock:  goes like hell

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: 22:18, Mon 22 June 2009 »
haha... loving it!   ;)  great idea to keep it as a sleeper... looks clean and today.. well done its been good reading through!  :)

andy_wpo

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: 22:34, Mon 22 June 2009 »
tnks very much gttboost,i love your car.I will keep you update,for now i just need do get a new water radiator,because is heating,and clean the carb.
 I will modifi this engine,but i want to be reliabel for now.I see in here that very much have problem with gtt engine.Are they so bad,or is just because are heavy modified?

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: 22:36, Tue 23 June 2009 »
Quote from: "andy_wpo"
tnks very much gttboost,i love your car.I will keep you update,for now i just need do get a new water radiator,because is heating,and clean the carb.
 I will modifi this engine,but i want to be reliabel for now.I see in here that very much have problem with gtt engine.Are they so bad,or is just because are heavy modified?

Thanks andy,  keep us posted.  

With the engine,  it all depends on the condition of the engine,  if its been around the world and on its last legs...  going for high boost wont be a good idea.  But if its been well maintained and runs well,  the most boost you want to run on a T2 is around 16psi, this is a safe and sensible boost but u will need to re-jet the carb to cope with the extra fueling (easy to change the jets)  and also strap the standard intercooler as the original intercooler will pop its lids off soon as you start increasing the boost.. but again a 5 minute job.. (all these jobs are quick fix jobs as you dont want to go spending out for alloy versions, its just a fun toy).  After this it becomes more involved with high pressure fuel pumps and bigger turbos and uprated clutches etc.. so keep it simple and cheap and enjoy it  :wink:   you may want to think about changing the brakes and suspension to a better set up 1st  :lol:

But on the other hand if your saying its flying now,  why even bother.. its going to be fun even without upping the boost, wait till you get used to it and then think about adding a few psi and just enjoy it!  Its cool being a sleeper even as it is..  you have made a nice job of it..  :wink:

The real problems your talking about come from the engines that are not well maintained...  'done on the cheap'  old smokers that smoke and rattle with leaking oil all over the engine running 25psi!  by the boy racers.

Change the oil regularly as this will keep the turbo and the engine fresh (every 3000 miles) and be sensible and u'll be fine  :wink:

canny_eu

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: 11:31, Wed 24 June 2009 »
To indroduce myself i'm a friend of andy's and i helped him with the project.

His engine runs really well, no strange noises, it seems like it was well mantained and he intends to run on factory boost.
Today he bought a bigger water cooler because the engine was overheating very easely, from the beginning we installed a oil cooler that we mounted in front of the water cooler and the intercooler that we used it's not big but it has a better airflow design than the factory one and it's front mounted, sprayed in black to be confused with a grill :)

We can make a better world !

andy_wpo

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: 15:18, Wed 24 June 2009 »
gttboost,tnks for answers.For now i'm more than please how the car goes.To go from 1.1 engine with 48hp(30hp left very possible),to 120hp is.......ooauuu.So for now i will go with this power.But i've ask you,because in time i want to get more power,so to now if the engine is reliabel,or keep it standard.
  Now i've understand.tnks again
As for the brakes,its a MUST have.I hope very soon to get the gtt brakes and mount them.The problem is with the rear brakes.I dont found a gtt tension to buy  :(

andy_wpo

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: 22:22, Thu 02 July 2009 »
I ve work on the car in the last couple of days.Its all most finish.Goes like crazy in first 2 gear,but in the 3th gear he does'n go any more,fells like not having enough gas and when i brake,sometime the engine dies.
  What is the problem,can any body help me?
Maybe the fuell conducts be to small,because is the 1.1 engine conducts?

andy_wpo

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: 16:13, Sun 27 September 2009 »
my water is overheating like hell.What could be the problem?
 small radiator(from a r11 with 1.4 engine)
 water pump
 give me ideeas pls