Author Topic: 5 project  (Read 5389 times)

mikebrfc

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
5 project
« on: 21:08, Tue 24 February 2009 »
well, here it is, the beginning lol picked this up for 200 reckon it will be a bit of a laugh and something to do with my time...its a 1989 1.4 renault 5 gts, 61k on it so hopefully its a decent enough base to start with

[/img]
keep the machinery between the greenery

sonic-jdm

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 09:04, Wed 25 February 2009 »
Im sure you can have fun with it :wink:

whats your plans :?:

mikebrfc

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 16:20, Wed 25 February 2009 »
im gona make it a turbo, really want one but theyre too hard to find here in ireland, its the, a conversions the next best option, im strippin it down at the min to send it away 4 a bit of weldin, thers nly really tht bit of rust on the arch nd sum up round the boot lid, apart frm tht its a gud enuf shell

RS_GTT

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 18:05, Wed 25 February 2009 »
Id love to see this project progress, you planning  to change the colour or keeping it white?
What bodykit are you thinking of going for?

mikebrfc

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 18:03, Thu 26 February 2009 »
emm, dont know and dont know...i like tungsten grey but there are alot of 5s in tht colour, white is nice wen its clean nd matched with the rite colour codin bt it cn look very plain, red wud be nice aswell tho, r a blue, i really dnt no wat i wanna do...i wnt to keep the kit standardish, c the plan is to build a good quick engine, 180bhp or more, altho more is harder work so a good intercooler will be good to have so im gonna need a front bumper thats not over the top but can fit a good intercooler, any ideas would be nice :D  open to opinions

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 15:41, Sun 01 March 2009 »
go for it mate cant wait to see this project take shape,keep us posted 8)

mikebrfc

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 17:54, Thu 05 March 2009 »
few pics i didnt put up, prob the best bits bout the car aswell lol

and the origional hanbooks

mikebrfc

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 17:58, Thu 05 March 2009 »
got my finger out, me and my mate started to strip the car

i quote my mate..."undo these screws, give it a kick and the dash should come straight out"

pickd up a cheap present, scorpion exhaust

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 14:44, Sun 08 March 2009 »
Looks like a sick project matey. Floor looks nice and solid.
The shoe cracked me up stuck in the dash.

mikebrfc

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 15:04, Sun 08 March 2009 »
yea, was prety funy wen he did it lol, we laughd 4 ages. the floor was surprisinly realy solid, ther wasnt evn rust under the windscreen, r the arches, its nly the boot lid, the rear arch(outside of car) nd a bit round the back drivers side window, il get a welder to it soon, respray nd take it frm ther

mikebrfc

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 00:02, Thu 14 May 2009 »
engine out, plastic panels stripped, only the shell left...picked up a set of renault 19 wheels, luvin them, sourced an engine so have to sort a bit of money and find somebody to take me about 400miles to get it lol. Also, does anybody know what a good price for a weld and respray, i was quoted 1500 but i don't know if thats a good price or not (no pics because i gt the pc wiped and lost the disc for the camera so can't upload anything, sorry)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 06:48, Thu 14 May 2009 »
hey mate wouldnt worry about the rear arch because if your putting on an oe body kit that portion of the arch gets cut away :wink: happy days !!! where else is she rotten /requiring welding?

mikebrfc

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: 18:09, Thu 14 May 2009 »
im not sure if the oe bodykits goin on, im considerin a sleeper, but im not sure yet. boot lid is rusted, bit under both rear windows and a small hole towards the rear of the sill (if any1 is willing to send a boot to ireland please let me know, will make me very happy). Returned from work today with a nice surprise, subbys where in working last week and left more than half a roll of fibreglass, single skinned fibrglass bonet for extra lightness hahahahahahaha

mikebrfc

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: 01:07, Sat 30 May 2009 »

rust and engine out, just a few pics i didnt get up, pc died an epic death, does anyone know what a good price for a weld and a respray would be, im not too sure what sprt of price a rip off would be?? And i've decided to build a sleeper, a.k.a campus prima with gt engine. bought a set of r19 wheels and a few other bits nd bobs, will update soon enough, slow project, but sure, it'll be finished eventually lol

r5 turbo1.7

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: 23:32, Thu 04 June 2009 »
Hows it going now?Iam in NI too ,I could help you out, if your not too far awayiLet me know its nice to see the 5 still alive!! :roll: