Author Topic: my project  (Read 1995 times)

belly

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
my project
« on: 19:52, Tue 06 January 2009 »
some pics of my project as i got it then pulled apart to find its finer points  :roll: these are quite old!! as im self employed i did all this then got some big contracts so put it away in a garage and left it going to trailer it back next week and get back on it as i must scratch the itch again darn fives :lol:

belly

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 19:55, Tue 06 January 2009 »

more to come but its not that bad really! just need to get on with it :lol:

sonic-jdm

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 21:10, Tue 06 January 2009 »
nice one fella, just started mine aswel as a track car project, only doing little bits at the mo as its too bloooody cold :lol:

keep us posted how your doing. whats your planns with it???

come to think of it i need to but some pics up myself :wink:

Mattuce

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 10:02, Wed 07 January 2009 »
Cor, a bit of rust.

How you dealing with it?

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 18:03, Wed 07 January 2009 »
Looks like a nice project you've got there  :)
Are you doing all the welds your self?
Its nice to see you're fixing it rather than ripping it apart  8)

belly

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 09:14, Thu 08 January 2009 »
cheers guys for the comments :D going to deal with the rust by cutting it all out and welding in new panels myself  :D  its not as bad as i thought ive chopped out the screen surround and got a new panel from renault!! i also have two new sills in the garage,plus a stockpile of goodies 8) including a full safety devices cage! so that should stiffen it up nicely  :D i think i might add some seam welds to the shell and do the subframe whilst im at it :D

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 11:50, Thu 08 January 2009 »
hi there mate and welcome to the forum,youve got yer hands full with that mate,just dont give up even if it feels endless this will be one nice car when your  done mate,keep up the good work and keep us posted this will make a great thread to read 8)  8)  8)

belly

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 20:11, Thu 08 January 2009 »
cheers baz i was looking at yours and can understand the not giving up thing! once youve started and put so much in it seems a waste just to chuck in the towel :) i got fed up before and mental busy with work so just put it in the lock up, now im raring to go again :lol: im sure it will do my head in again if it does just put it in the lock up and chill for a bit, i think it should be fun  :D

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 15:16, Fri 09 January 2009 »
well your in the right frame of mind to get on with it,when the body work was starting to bog me down i would stop it and do summit with the engine or go and order some bits :lol: it can get stressfull but just keep focused,i always made up lists of what i wanted to achieve that day or that week and work towards it,aslong as your ticking it all off it feels like your getting on,well good luck with it buddy hope it all goes well,i cant wait to get home and get crackin either,keep us posted with your photos mate
 8)  8)