Author Topic: My 5  (Read 4340 times)

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: 18:31, Fri 15 May 2009 »
i cleaned the metal bits down, but left the rubber bits red but painting the accelerator green could be an idea, changes it up a bit  :D
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: 22:23, Fri 15 May 2009 »
It's coming along nicely now.

I wouldn't worry to much about the strips on the bumper.....i still haven't got any myself.

Only just got myself the rubbers for the sills....not that there fitted yet. :D

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: 22:50, Fri 15 May 2009 »
Love this thread!  :D Excellent job - the car's looking well tasty and the colour suits it. Looks like your mate did a pretty good job spraying the car (and your turbines) :x  but skimped a bit on the prep somewhat! I'd already taken my 5 completely apart (other than doors and bootlid) when I took it in for painting so I knew where how it all came apart and went back, it's fairly straightforward anyway.

So did you clean your door panels or replace them? I guess it was only surface spray so should've come off fairly easy but he could've covered them up at least and done a bit of masking the lazy b'stard!!!  :lol:
Have you considered smoothing your bumpers and doing alway with the strips altogether? - I think it's the best look for standard GTT bumpers :wink:

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: 11:33, Sat 16 May 2009 »
yeh i rubbed em all down with paint thiners, every now and again when i catch the light in a way u can still see bits of red,

but when i was cleaning them down i washed em all off and rubbed em down with a cloth to start, it left the red over spray in the grain of the door cards and did look pritty cool, gave it a gentile/suttle red - if that makes scenes,

and i always wanted my car to look as standard as possible (i no i got rid of the turbines and changed the tungy grey to a ontop red) but i never relay wanted much done to change the original shape i.e smoothed boots / bumpers and big body kits / spoilers

im happy as larry though, i feel ive given the car a new lease of life, ive fixed all the bits that needed fixin and made it all work, and not only that im happy with the way it looks (just gota get it to sit on the wheels a bit more snug, 50mm or so)  

thanks for the response so far  :)  and also for answering all the questions  :D

turbodave

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: 12:38, Sat 16 May 2009 »
looks really nice mate. good turn around (Y)

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: 20:24, Sat 16 May 2009 »
i dunno, my mate has got a raider and for some reason i always thought it was emaculate, and not a thing outa place, i kinda tried to make it as fresh looking as posssible, didennt realy dig the tungy grey that much, and after the welder mashed a load of my bonnet and every thing else up i decided to get it sprayed

the thing that got me into the red was this picture

http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/wheelsguide.htm

and the boy who sprayed my car had a nice red pug, with the white wheels as well, i thought "thats what i want"

i understand i killed a classic (tungy color) car but next one i get ill spray it gray to make up for it :D like the red to, its not to in your face but stands out :oops:

not expecting everyone to enjoy it after (each to there own and all) but i feel for my first car to own it hasn't been that bad of a job (except the paint job :evil:  )

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: 07:04, Mon 18 May 2009 »
looking good mate 8) keep us posted