Author Topic: Pics of my R5 - UPDATED 03/05/09  (Read 3671 times)

jonnyshaw49

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Pics of my R5 - UPDATED 03/05/09
« on: 15:57, Thu 01 January 2009 »
hi here are a few pics of my r5 gt im rebuilding

these are pics from when i first started

nasty intercooler someone mounted on the front of the car and cut out the slam panel making me loads of work drilling out and fitting a new slam panel

awaiting my new piston and liner set

few pics of engine after rebuild

this is the exhaust im fitting taking off the twin exhaust

here are a few pics of  my donor car

door cards filled and primed ready for gloss black paint

my next plans are lift up the back end, fit a new standard front slam panel bumper and grill. new back bumper, tidy up the engine bay and get the auto sol out lol. new t2/t25 turbo. mint all the body work and fit my new door cards.

I have now moved on with my project and over the last few weeks been spending the cash.  The car is currently in the bodyshop having a full respray in the original black paint after being to the panel beaters where i had new inner and outer sills new bumper fixing points front and rear, new slam panel, all new fixing points on front and rear wings for arches.  I have bought all new panels, front and rear bumpers, ront and rear arches, new sideskirts and new bonnet and all new fixing clips and rubbers.  I have also had the tacky petrol cap removed from the boot and put back in the original place on the rear quarter.  I have bought all new lights including fogs and indicators.  I have also bought a few new parts from gt tuning, the dump valve, spider valve, in car boost valve.  I have spent 4000 lol. but its all worth it restoring one of these gt turbos.  here are a few pics of the project.

New alloys

re-upholstered seats

matching door cards

New hoses

bits back from the spray shop

Will upload more pics of the car when its back from the spray shop.

Mattuce

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 13:36, Fri 02 January 2009 »
Must say, it does look bloody low at the back!

Get that arse up.

axnutty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 21:53, Fri 02 January 2009 »
Excuse my ignorance here, but in that fist pic it looks quite literally like the previous owner has chopped out a scary amount of that slam panel!  :shock:  What the hell is holding the rad in!?

Nice to hear its being put right.  8)

Whys the donor car a donor car anyway - whats wrong with it?

jonnyshaw49

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 22:12, Fri 02 January 2009 »
there was nothing holding the rad in lol. soon will be the slam panel is on its way. the donor car is a donor car coz it has no front bumper bonnet or lights i need back bumper ive took turbo off and engine out gearbox etc when ive got everything i want off it im thinking of selling it very cheap or giving it away!!!

bodzy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 02:05, Sun 04 January 2009 »
Sounds like a good lil project.

Good luck and keep us updated :)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 03:46, Sun 04 January 2009 »
Thats a well naughty chop on there, good to see its being put right.
Keep up the good work  8)

jonnyshaw49

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 17:05, Sun 04 January 2009 »
yeh its a good project not had a project like this before restoring a well known rare car if u can call it that. im normally modifying   cars with boy racer bits now im making a car standard and these gt turbos look so much better standard with some nice wheels on and a few cheeky bits. i think these cars look crap with kits on.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 20:50, Sun 04 January 2009 »
nice lookin motor mate :D a bit dodgy that eh with that slam panel missing :lol: at least your making all the effort to put her back to how she was,im the same as you hate all that massive bumpers and spoilers you loose the class shape of the 5 :wink: keep us posted mate 8)

DJLOG

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djlog
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 03:54, Mon 05 January 2009 »
Nice project mate! Love the plate too! Best of luck with it  :D

BriC

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 22:36, Sun 11 January 2009 »
The legend that is 'G5 NOS' lives on  8)

Could have sworn that someone broke it though

jonnyshaw49

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 21:06, Mon 12 January 2009 »
what do u mean by legend? nah never been broke got the log book and all vin numbers match up. got it hpi checked everything is fine. do u know any history of the car i bought it off my mate and dont know anything past that. its never had a bump ive inspected everything unless just bonnet slam panel damage but ive just bought one of them as someone had butcherd the old one for a cossie front mount

BriC

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 00:11, Tue 13 January 2009 »
Never had any accidents or anything, no.. Just it had a lot of money spent on it when it was built that's all, and the guy that built it was quite popular on RTOC. Then another guy who owned it lived very close to me. Got kicked off the owners club due to ripping people off, but that's got nothing to do with the car.

Nice car, was built up to a good spec. :)

jonnyshaw49

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: 22:48, Tue 13 January 2009 »
yeh it had  had a rebuilt engine and a load of other bits along with a few bodges lol just putting them right. the rebuilt didnt last long as my mate spun the shells so ive fully rebuilt and modified the engine. just getting the engine sound 90 percent there then doing all the bodywork. i heard something about a guy who owned it ripping people off but cant remember it really. its getting there to when i get time asnd not working. got a new exhaust on now sounds mint., cant wait for the summer now or track days

jonnyshaw49

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pics of my R5 - UPDATED 03/05/09
« Reply #13 on: 19:29, Fri 15 January 2010 »
hope you all like the new pics