Author Topic: 240BHP TNE Renault 5 GT Turbo  (Read 14837 times)

mikebrfc

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: 20:25, Wed 13 May 2009 »
any secrets u wanna share?? im planning a small monster myself, ne advice is welcome, much respect for your own car tho, MINT
keep the machinery between the greenery

Rob@BYR

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: 21:30, Wed 13 May 2009 »
What size tyres are you after and what box or FD are you on?

Also whats your current Trap speeds? and 60ft times?   :)

DanielSon-gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: 22:52, Wed 13 May 2009 »
it may sound like a simple question but where did you get the heat wrap for the turbo and what is that you have on the front of the air intake
Go Boost Or Go Home

fluxy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: 22:08, Fri 15 May 2009 »
Quote from: "DanielSon-gtt"
it may sound like a simple question but where did you get the heat wrap for the turbo and what is that you have on the front of the air intake
this insulation for the turbo manifold was allready on the motor when bought it mate so cnt help you there!. and im not 2sure what you mean infront of my air intake?! you mean infront of k/n filter? :roll:

fluxy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reply
« Reply #49 on: 22:30, Thu 21 May 2009 »
Quote from: "TNE Gho$tRideR"
If I were to build this engine again with all the extras, it would cost around 1600-1700 but thats excluding the labour I would of put in.

I will put some pics up of the car and the engine bay for you all to see properly.

If anyone is selling a tubular manifold, please let me know as I need one a.s.a.p please.
what is the diffrance in these tubular manifolds to normall strait forward just a nintey bend of the back of the turbo, i hav this tubular manifold on my5 is this standard :?  :roll:

DanielSon-gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #50 on: 22:45, Thu 21 May 2009 »
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this insulation for the turbo manifold was allready on the motor when bought it mate so can't help you there!. and im not 2sure what you mean infront of my air intake?! you mean infront of k/n filter?  

what is that thing with the blue ring ..?
Go Boost Or Go Home

TNE Gho$tRideR

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #51 on: 14:37, Wed 27 May 2009 »
Sorry for the delay in replying any questions as i have not been on here for a while.

Quote from: "mikebrfc"
any secrets you wanna share?? im planning a small monster myself, ne advice is welcome, much respect for your own car though, MINT

I would just say, get a big turbo, but with the correct a/r ratio so you still get a good enough spool up time. Experiment with turbo's and see which one suits your driving style best.

Thanks  :wink:
IF ITS NOT 12 SECONDS OR LESS.........................................................................................................I AIN\'T INTERESTED \";)\"

TNE Gho$tRideR

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Engine Bay
« Reply #52 on: 14:47, Wed 27 May 2009 »
Quote from: "fluxy"
hi ya mate was jus lookin over ya pics and cum across your srange turbo manifold, iv looked to c if ani other gtts have dis but dnt seen 2 c many arond, r there any advantages or disadvantages!!? :wink:

The manifold is standard but I have fabricated an extra piece which goes inbetween the turbo and manifold to accept the external wastegate and make the turbo easier to work on.
IF ITS NOT 12 SECONDS OR LESS.........................................................................................................I AIN\'T INTERESTED \";)\"

TNE Gho$tRideR

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #53 on: 14:54, Wed 27 May 2009 »
Quote from: "Rob@BYR"
What size tyres are you after and what box or FD are you on?

Also whats your current Trap speeds? and 60ft times?   :)

At the moment, I am running the standard r5 box but with an extended 5th gear,which is holding up pretty good. I have yet still got to go to the drag strip to get some times down, but need to sort my fueling out before I do so.

As for tires, I am waiting on a delivery of some Toyo R888 to arrive.

Thanks   :wink:

TNE Gho$tRideR

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #54 on: 14:55, Wed 27 May 2009 »
Quote from: "DanielSon-gtt"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this insulation for the turbo manifold was allready on the motor when bought it mate so can't help you there!. and im not 2sure what you mean infront of my air intake?! you mean infront of k/n filter?  

what is that thing with the blue ring ..?

Induction trumpet/horn  8)

TNE Gho$tRideR

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #55 on: 15:00, Wed 27 May 2009 »
For anyone who don't know. The car is in Redline Magazine this month (Mays Edition), where it achieves 234 BHP @ Weson Performance rolling road. It should of got more, but due to a loose boost pipe (which was noticed after the run) we had to settle with that figure.

Thanks   :)