Author Topic: 240BHP TNE Renault 5 GT Turbo  (Read 14842 times)

TNE Gho$tRideR

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: 13:40, Wed 21 January 2009 »
Visit this address "Jure" http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/POWER3.htm

It has all the info you need to know about rolling roads and power losses through FWD, RWD and 4WD.

Hope this helps to enlighten you on the subject  :wink:
IF ITS NOT 12 SECONDS OR LESS.........................................................................................................I AIN\'T INTERESTED \";)\"

markeyturbo

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: boost
« Reply #31 on: 14:27, Wed 21 January 2009 »
Quote from: "TNE Gho$tRideR"
I run 1.3 bar on the road for normal day driving and then 1.5 bar boost when racing.
 As for internals, I will not disclose the spec, but yes it has had work done and its got a lot of room for improvement still  :wink:

whats with all the secret squirrelness? lol... this is like the rtoc ;)

TNE Gho$tRideR

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: boost
« Reply #32 on: 14:50, Wed 21 January 2009 »
Quote from: "markeyturbo"
I run 1.3 bar on the road for normal day driving and then 1.5 bar boost when racing.
 As for internals, I will not disclose the spec, but yes it has had work done and its got a lot of room for improvement still  :wink:

whats with all the secret squirrelness? lol... this is like the rtoc ;)

LOL, its a bad habit I've picked up from the RTOC  :lol:

Seriously though, I won't give out my spec as I want to have at least one of the top 5 fastest C1J motored Renault 5's  in the country and if everyone knows my spec, well, then they can copy it and then possibly make it better, making it harder for me to reach my target.
 Don't get me wrong, if any member wanted help or advice about how to make there car faster or any other subject, I would be more than happy to help them out, but this will not involve me giving out my spec.

When I've reached my goal, I will then give out my full spec :wink:
IF ITS NOT 12 SECONDS OR LESS.........................................................................................................I AIN\'T INTERESTED \";)\"

Arturas-zender

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.emusic.lt
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: 14:55, Wed 21 January 2009 »
Sorry if I missed something , but what is your goal?  :wink:

TNE Gho$tRideR

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: 15:04, Wed 21 January 2009 »
Quote from: "Arturas-zender"

To be one of the top 5 fastest 1/4 mile, C1J powered, Renault 5's in England  8)

Since changing my spec, I haven't had a chance to run it down the strip yet because of winter, so i don't know what it is going to do. I hope it will be very low 12's, but i will just have to wait and see.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: 16:28, Wed 21 January 2009 »
I can kind of understand the secrecy, after all your the one doing all the trail and error and all the hard work that comes with it.

As for the Puma Racing website it's a very good read. Dave Baker really knows his stuff, he was always full of useful information over on the 205GTI forum.

jure

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault-klub.hr
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: 16:34, Wed 21 January 2009 »
Visit this address "Jure" http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/POWER3.htm

It has all the info you need to know about rolling roads and power losses through FWD, RWD and 4WD.

Hope this helps to enlighten you on the subject  :wink:

Thanks mate. I'm into dynos lately and this is really good stuff to read.

p.s. nice torque you have there 8)

markeyturbo

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: 18:29, Wed 21 January 2009 »
fair play, i wasn't being funny, just reminded me a bit of the 'oldies' on the rtoc not giving out any details.

what sorta times have you run so far?

i know the fastest time is gonna be a bit tricky... this one has estimated 300+bhp and is designed for purely one purpose.. going fast!

http://www.rtoc.org/cgi-bin/leader_board.cgi

stuart clarke - 11.41 !!

Arturas-zender

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.emusic.lt
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: 18:50, Wed 21 January 2009 »

To be one of the top 5 fastest 1/4 mile, C1J powered, Renault 5's in England  8)

Since changing my spec, I haven't had a chance to run it down the strip yet because of winter, so i don't know what it is going to do. I hope it will be very low 12's, but i will just have to wait and see.

I hope you reach your goal! Wish you luck  :wink:

markeyturbo

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: 19:00, Wed 21 January 2009 »
maybe i should learn to read lol... let me know when ya going down... may even run with ya  8)

TNE Gho$tRideR

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: 20:59, Wed 21 January 2009 »
I will be going to Shakespeare County Raceway when it opens up in April. You are more than welcome to come Markey, the more the merrier. I may even organise a club meet for the day I go, so that we can all meet up and have a good old chat  8)

I've only been to the strip once before and that was years ago when I first got it. I managed a 13.8 @ 99mph and the car had 190bhp at the time. Its come along way since then so I'm hoping for 12's this time. If I get a low 12, I will be over the moon.

Does anyone know where I can get proper drag alloys and tyres from that post to the UK?

TNE Gho$tRideR

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: 21:00, Wed 21 January 2009 »

I hope you reach your goal! Wish you luck  :wink:

Thanks  :wink:

fluxy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Engine Bay
« Reply #42 on: 19:18, Sun 19 April 2009 »
hi ya m8 was jus lookin over ya pics and cum across ur srange turbo manifold, iv looked to c if ani other gtts hav dis but dnt seen 2 c many arond, r there any advantages or disadvantages!!? :wink:

mikebrfc

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: 20:42, Mon 20 April 2009 »
is it hard 2 run the car at the power ur at, are there any major problems?? by the way, i love it
keep the machinery between the greenery

fluxy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: 21:09, Mon 20 April 2009 »
Quote from: "mikebrfc"
is it hard 2 run the car at the power your at, are there any major problems?? by the way, i love it

fooke me i cracked her now shes boostin gud but being very causious :shock: the turbo sounds arsom!! she boosts up2 around 14 psi, maybe more but im not guna push her, christ theres some power behind these motors :lol:  :P