Author Topic: My black phase 2  (Read 1700 times)

james70

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
My black phase 2
« on: 18:02, Tue 05 August 2008 »
This is the 1st 5 iv owned, always had the bug for them since i can remember...

Bought her about 11months ago from slough just after id turned 18, on 105,000 miles, all original bar a filter, and a straped up intercooler, was running standard boost, interior is in pretty good con, drivers seat bolster has worn through but not very badly compared to most iv seen, didnt get much history with it, but price reflected it as im sure i got a bargain. This is what she looked like

Got her home and checked her out on the ramp at work, changed the oil and filter straight away, her mot was also coming close

Was very pleased with it, underneath looked fine, no rust to the bootlid, a very small patch on the rear quarter, and a very small patch around the windscreen. Needed a cv boot, front top mounts, snaped coil spring, and a bolt missing from the seat. Did all this and she went through the mot sweet, also got a bonnet and wings for her as these where matt black. Had a bit of a nightmare finding top mounts (it was the 'top hats' that where causing a problem), but got some in the end, had to replace the springs anyway so opted for some apex 50mm jobbies and lowered here at the back to. Adjusted the actuator and she now runs 12.5psi, fitted a alloy carb top, red boost hoses, cup mod, and relocated air filter away from turbo.

Also since have fitted new cap and rotor arm, changed the coolant, re set the tappets
I only drove her for a couple of weeks while i did the work and got her through the mot, couldnt get any permanent insurence as was 18, now a year on and shes been sat in the garage, been got out every now and again, i should have her out real soon and have got a full scorpion system and enlarged downpipe to fit (fitted)
*** Window tinting service - Mail me ***

---WANTED---
Clear fogs

Mattuce

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 09:24, Wed 06 August 2008 »
Thats pretty darn nice!

Loving the black.

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 09:25, Wed 06 August 2008 »
it does look really good bet your really happy with that buy

bodzy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: My black phase 2
« Reply #3 on: 12:09, Wed 06 August 2008 »
Quote from: "james70"
I only drove her for a couple of weeks while i did the work and got her through the mot, couldnt get any permanent insurence as was 18,

I know how you feel, i have ended up with a 1.4 campus with the GT body kit until i get a years no claims so i can buy a turbo :(

james70

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 10:39, Fri 08 August 2008 »
enlarged downpipe and scoprion system now fitted, relocated air filter and water bottle, need to make up a bracket to support it.

Iv just realised iv got no engine bay pics, not that its anything special but ill get some.

Also am going to give her a realy good clean, need to shampoo the red carpet aswell
*** Window tinting service - Mail me ***

---WANTED---
Clear fogs