Author Topic: Extra van  (Read 14399 times)

Brigsy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Extra van
« Reply #75 on: 19:45, Sun 07 March 2010 »
200hp @ the wheels would be nice but will have to wait & see :D  :D

Steve!

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 19:59, Sun 07 March 2010 »
That my friend would be awesome....
to Big to Big, will find another soon!!!

Brigsy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 13:57, Fri 16 April 2010 »
Well its been a while since last update.

Pulled motor out a month ago & changed cam for one more suited to a big boosted motor, dialled the cam in with a few degrees of retard to make more top end power. The boost is set at 20lbs & fuelled up to suit, pulls really well.

Took it to york raceway for a few test runs, had a few carb problems so didnt do too well. The traction was poor as weather was damp & horrible. My run was B170 on the left, 14.8@104.63.

My terminal speeds are up 5 mph from last time so making more power, could be higher if I had a clean run with no misfires.

Gearbox didnt fair so well though, syncro on 2nd gear is shot so pulled it all out again to change the box..good job its only a 2hr job to remove all of it.

Also offered my m&h 22x8" drag radials up, look like they will fit with no arch chopping, Waiting for a set of 7.5j x 13" banded steels to turn up so I can get them fitted.

sirrell

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 20:30, Fri 16 April 2010 »
WOW  :shock:

Truly inspiring

Brigsy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 13:47, Wed 19 May 2010 »
Small update

Got my rims back yesterday, gtt spares banded to 7.5". Cant wait to try these out at the pod.

Welding is superb on the rims, tig welded on a positional welder, rims are straight as a die. In the hurry to got my tyres fitted i forgot to take pics of the inside of the rims.

Banded steel vs cup steel

Test fitted them this afternoon, with a bit of work they fit They actually fit better than i expected, dont hang out the arches too much & i can still get full lock even with bumper on.

First try with the konis, about 5mm gap between tyre & arch.

Dug out my old avo coilovers & raised it up an inch (does anybody fit coilovers to raise a car) Im hoping an inch will be enough, it passed the catch test on the rough alley outside my unit OK. The springs are 250lb on the coilovers so its pretty firm. I was tempted to test them out in the alley, dont think the neighbours would like it though :D

ioshi_s_golf

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 22:38, Wed 19 May 2010 »
I like it very much :) How much you pay for the tyre's