Author Topic: just a few pictures of my new found love looking clean  (Read 8673 times)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: 22:24, Sun 08 June 2008 »
Quote from: "dazzleandshine"
they are lockwood ones but they are white not silver but still look nice, took her out for a spin today as sun was out and i loved every minute of it and come back with a big smile on my face :lol:  just got to give her another clean now as got loads of bugs on front yet again....because its so clean i think they say hey there is a clean one and jump out i front of me LOL :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Cheers for the info.. I might get some silver ones and take a look...see what they look like fitted.   How easy is it to fit the middle gauge facias.. the oil guage / petrol gauge have small studs holding them on.. do u have to undo those studs to fit the lockwoods?  (The rev and speedo just unscrew so they ae easy by the looks of it)  Thanks mate.

I bet your five is already gleaming again by now!  :lol:  liking the sound of the new toy on its way...keep us posted ....sounds cool!  8)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: 23:25, Sun 08 June 2008 »
You don't have to remove the actual gauge to change it, just the needle. If i remember correctly on the smaller guages the dials are held in place by something sticky.  :?:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: 01:36, Mon 09 June 2008 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
You don't have to remove the actual gauge to change it, just the needle. If i remember correctly on the smaller guages the dials are held in place by something sticky.  :?:

cheers Ash..  I'll have a gander at some spare ones I have and see how they look... and how you take the old faces off.

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.oxfordshirechauffeurs.com
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: 15:24, Mon 09 June 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTboost"
they are lockwood ones but they are white not silver but still look nice, took her out for a spin today as sun was out and i loved every minute of it and come back with a big smile on my face :lol:  just got to give her another clean now as got loads of bugs on front yet again....because its so clean i think they say hey there is a clean one and jump out i front of me LOL :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Cheers for the info.. I might get some silver ones and take a look...see what they look like fitted.   How easy is it to fit the middle gauge facias.. the oil guage / petrol gauge have small studs holding them on.. do u have to undo those studs to fit the lockwoods?  (The rev and speedo just unscrew so they ae easy by the looks of it)  Thanks mate.

I bet your five is already gleaming again by now!  :lol:  liking the sound of the new toy on its way...keep us posted ....sounds cool!  8)

the 5 is clean again now but it did get put away with a few flys on the front last night as the mrs wouldant let me clean it as our 8 week old daughter was playing up :lol:

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: 17:35, Sat 14 June 2008 »
update now looking for some nice black rims with a polished lip after seing gttboost wheels he has inspired me to get some new ones as ive never really liked the look of the ones on it at the moment so time for a change :lol:

LEE

• Administrator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.com
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: 17:10, Mon 16 June 2008 »
Could I use one of them pics in the header ??
Site Administrator

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: 17:41, Mon 16 June 2008 »
Quote from: "LEE"
Could I use one of them pics in the header ??

of cause you can lee help yourself

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: 14:39, Sun 29 June 2008 »
took the old girl out for a spin this morning as she has been sitting in the garage for 2 weeks and straight away it put a smile on my face :D  dont you just love these cars :D looking forward to pod now on fri

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: 23:11, Sun 29 June 2008 »
took the old girl out for a spin this morning as she has been sitting in the garage for 2 weeks and straight away it put a smile on my face :D  dont you just love these cars :D looking forward to pod now on fri

When you havent driven it for a while..  u realise how much you've missed driving it!  bet your 5 looks stunning in all this sun  8)  I used some Autoglym today.. the gloss protecting one..  left it on 1hr and seemed like glass afterwards..   have always buffed it straight off without leaving it on before...  I knew I should have read the instructions b 4!  :lol:  good stuff.

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: 08:37, Mon 30 June 2008 »

When you havent driven it for a while..  u realise how much you've missed driving it!  bet your 5 looks stunning in all this sun  8)  I used some Autoglym today.. the gloss protecting one..  left it on 1hr and seemed like glass afterwards..   have always buffed it straight off without leaving it on before...  I knew I should have read the instructions b 4!  :lol:  good stuff.

so you tried it then thats good told you it works beter the longer you leave it, paint work feels like silk after a few times of doing it :D

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: 09:52, Mon 30 June 2008 »

so you tried it then thats good told you it works beter the longer you leave it, paint work feels like silk after a few times of doing it :D

Yeh, that was a good tip mate..  and I got a tan while waiting for it to set! lol  8)   (also do you layer it then? does it look even better with a 2nd coat?)

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: 11:49, Mon 30 June 2008 »

Yeh, that was a good tip mate..  and I got a tan while waiting for it to set! lol  8)   (also do you layer it then? does it look even better with a 2nd coat?)

yes it looks even better with a 2nd coat,i always put some polish on 2 or 3 days after and then gloss again and the results are amazing as you can see from my pics

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: 13:21, Mon 30 June 2008 »

yes it looks even better with a 2nd coat,i always put some polish on 2 or 3 days after and then gloss again and the results are amazing as you can see from my pics

Sounds good...  8)  l'll give this a go later..  :wink:

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: 13:28, Mon 30 June 2008 »
you wont be disapointed trust me  :D

philGTT

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)