Author Topic: just a few pictures of my new found love looking clean  (Read 8619 times)

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.oxfordshirechauffeurs.com
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: 09:55, Mon 02 June 2008 »
you cant beat a good polish and a nice sunny day my paint work is like silk now

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: 00:12, Wed 04 June 2008 »
looks really mint 8) i bet the rain just runs off it :lol:

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: 08:56, Wed 04 June 2008 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"

rain!!!!!!!!!!!! this car has never seen rain since ive owned it as it stays tucked away in garage nice and warm when its raining and only comes out when its dry

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: 17:34, Wed 04 June 2008 »
Quote from: "dazzleandshine"

rain!!!!!!!!!!!! this car has never seen rain since ive owned it as it stays tucked away in garage nice and warm when its raining and only comes out when its dry

Who mentioned rain!  :shock:   does look awesome...great colour  8) ...  what polish and wax do you use ?

I use Meguiars gold wash, Meg quick clay/detailer (when it needs it)  P21s,  Mothers Reflections, Autoglym extra gloss.  I got a few Poor boys testers I havent tried yet.  I wont mention the tyres and glass..metal..engine stuff.. but have a few of those too...lol  :lol:  (bet I dont have as many as you tho!  :wink:  )

also... do use a machine to buff on / off with?  I heard the new Meguiars DA one is a good choice.

Ebay Link....Click Here

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: 17:54, Wed 04 June 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTboost"

Who mentioned rain!  :shock:   does look awesome...great colour  8) ...  what polish and wax do you use ?

I use Meguiars gold wash, Meg quick clay/detailer (when it needs it)  P21s,  Mothers Reflections, Autoglym extra gloss.  I got a few Poor boys testers I havent tried yet.  I wont mention the tyres and glass..metal..engine stuff.. but have a few of those too...lol  :lol:  (bet I dont have as many as you tho!  :wink:  )

also... do use a machine to buff on / off with?  I heard the new Meguiars DA one is a good choice.

Ebay Link....Click Here

i only use autoglym as i rate it really good and ive used it for the last 10 years or so, i use autoglym ultra deep shine which gives it a nice gloss finish and is a excellent polish and then a good carbana wax to finish it of and i sometimes use the extra gloss which i find is much better if you leave it for a good 2 hours before wiping it of, i do give it a good machine buff every now and then but i find i dont need to do it now as i did a good job in the first place when i buffed it so i have no swirls or scratches at all........ muck doesent sit on my car anymore it just rolls off :lol: ........looking at your pictures of your car it looks like you are doing a good job in keeping it clean..... if you ever want any autoglym just give me a shount as my garge is full of the stuff as i use it for work everyday

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: 18:02, Wed 04 June 2008 »

Ebay Link....Click Here

i only use autoglym as i rate it really good and ive used it for the last 10 years or so, i use autoglym ultra deep shine which gives it a nice gloss finish and is a excellent polish and then a good carbana wax to finish it of and i sometimes use the extra gloss which i find is much better if you leave it for a good 2 hours before wiping it of, i do give it a good machine buff every now and then but i find i dont need to do it now as i did a good job in the first place when i buffed it so i have no swirls or scratches at all........ muck doesent sit on my car anymore it just rolls off :lol: ........looking at your pictures of your car it looks like you are doing a good job in keeping it clean..... if you ever want any autoglym just give me a shount as my garge is full of the stuff as i use it for work everyday

Cheers mate,  can you send me three boxes of each!!  :lol:

Interesting to here your system...   I havent bought a machine...but was tempted...was interested in hearing what you thought.. I might get one this summer to get it spot on. Good tips on leaving the gloss!  I am super impatient  :?

Top work.

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: 18:06, Wed 04 June 2008 »

Ebay Link....Click Here

Interesting to here your system...   I havent bought a machine...but was tempted...was interested in hearing what you thought.. I might get one this summer to get it spot on. Good tips on leaving the gloss!  I am super impatient  :?

Top work.

its well worth buying a machine as you always get tempted to give it a good mop

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: 18:10, Wed 04 June 2008 »

Ebay Link....Click Here

Top work.

A while ago I was tempted to get it professionally mopped...but if these Dual Action machines can be safe to use at home... might be worth getting one... but will hold off for a bit... funds are going ape shit lately.

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: 18:56, Wed 04 June 2008 »

Ebay Link....Click Here

Top work.

A while ago I was tempted to get it professionally mopped...but if these Dual Action machines can be safe to use at home... might be worth getting one... but will hold off for a bit... funds are going ape shit lately.

all i will say is be very carefull when you do it otherwise you will take the paint off and thats the last thing you want to do trust me

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: 22:42, Wed 04 June 2008 »
all i will say is be very carefull when you do it otherwise you will take the paint off and thats the last thing you want to do trust me

I'll stick with the old fashioned way for a while!  :D

Any ideas when u'r getting your carpet?

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: 22:46, Wed 04 June 2008 »

I'll stick with the old fashioned way for a while!  :D

Any ideas when u'r getting your carpet?

ive got a friend doing it for me at the moment so hopefully soon as she fits it in between her own work as she is self employed but she is coming round tomorrow night and bringing what she has done so far to show me....and to take my door panels to retrim them for me so hopefully not long now

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: 17:26, Sun 08 June 2008 »
just a few more pics i forgot to put on

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: 21:46, Sun 08 June 2008 »
just a few more pics i forgot to put on

Looking tastey in those pics as ever!  8)  do I spy silver dials you have there?  any chance of any pics of those...  I am considering some myself...  are they the Lockwood ones?

Cheers  :wink:

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: 22:09, Sun 08 June 2008 »
they are lockwood ones but they are white not silver but still look nice, took her out for a spin today as sun was out and i loved every minute of it and come back with a big smile on my face :lol:  just got to give her another clean now as got loads of bugs on front yet again....because its so clean i think they say hey there is a clean one and jump out i front of me LOL :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: 22:14, Sun 08 June 2008 »
forgot to say watch this space as where you see the pile of mud and grass next to the mrs car thats where my clio V6 is going to be parked once i finish digging front lawn up and stick some gravel down :lol:  my mrs is great :lol:  :lol:  :lol: