Author Topic: My little 5 GTT project  (Read 9858 times)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: 22:10, Wed 28 May 2008 »
If you want to dream for a bit...  look no further...  8)

http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/pages/wheels_billet.html

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: 22:14, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
what about anthricite or would it be too much grey :?

They work really well on the 5,  there was a copper colour 5 with anthracite versions...   8)  not sure if you can buy them anthracite or you have to get them done like that yourself.

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: 22:18, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Thanks alot GTTboost :)
I brought it to an annual car show in the beginning of may this year. It got lots of attention, on the way to the show, on the show and on the way home  8)

One of the main reason for this must be because there were 7 registered GTT`s in Norway in 2005, and the number is sinking. So in this country the car is pretty unique even as standard  8)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: 22:21, Wed 28 May 2008 »
its like that in scotland,because of our salty roads and sea air it just rots cars,there harder to pick up a good one in bonnie scotland :lol:

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: 22:25, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Hmm there were a couple of interesting ones there. Liked the cast BL`s. Just wonering how they would look on the car...

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: 22:30, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Yup, salt and cars shouldnt be mixed. We have the same problem in Norway as you got in Scotland. When you go to bed at night you end up having nightmares because you hear the rust eating up your car...  :?

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: 22:39, Wed 28 May 2008 »
yeh my 5 was like an alcaseltser soon as it touched water :lol:  :lol:

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: 15:39, Thu 29 May 2008 »
i reckon you should try a set of the flat wipers, i put them on mine the other day. they'd give a nice little touch to your car

and i'd get the compomotive wheels, they look brilliant, in a lighter anthricite color so the car doesn't look too dark?

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: 23:39, Tue 24 June 2008 »
Thanks alot for the tips.

Its been a while since the last time i wrote here. So heres a little updadte on what ive been working on since then:

The heater matrix in the car decided to start leaking, and as the fool I am I started looking for leaks in the door and sunroof seals instead of just ripping out the dash at once... Anyway the heater matrix has been changed now. (Its never going to be changed by me again, what a crappy job)

Im still trying to work out a bunch of electrical faults.

At the moment my biggest problem is refitting the dash, and of course the clips at the sides were too brittle and broke. also the dash wont fit properly.(I guess Ill find the instructions in the technical issues somewhere)

And now for the good news :)

I might get a set of 16" wheels traded directly against the 15" Ive got now :)

I might put out a few work in progress pictures by the end of the week, as Im working evening shifts this week.

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: 12:09, Fri 18 July 2008 »
Well the cars rolling on 16"s now

sorry about the bad quality picture. its just to illustrate.

At the moment im trying to mount a FMIC and a 13row oil cooler.
both are the universal type.

Does anyone of you have more detailed photos of the pipeline from the turbo to the carb? It would help me alot.

Also one more thing. The silicone pipes I got with the IC seems to be way to tight, is this normal? at the moment im considering using an angle grinder to try to get the pipes to fit. I guess that isnt te best of ideas.

Im also fitting a 2mm steel plate under the front bumper to avoid costly resprays.

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: 12:18, Fri 18 July 2008 »
because we all love pics of our fives im posting some more now.

And of course I need to show off my new showplates :D

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: 15:51, Fri 18 July 2008 »
Love the quality finish and the colour..  very nice!   8)   (do you have any speed ramps over there lol..  its in the weeds!  :lol: )

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: 22:24, Sat 19 July 2008 »
Thanks  8)

Hehe yes we have more speedramps here than normal road... It havnt been much trouble yet, tho Im fitting 2mm steel plates under the bumper to avoid expensive resprays if i hit some of these.

Oh and YES theres actually a good reason why im fitting a FMIC now... The old one blew up!!! :lol:  litterally hehe.

As stated before, I really could use som more detailed pics of how the pipes should go. I cant see where the pipes go on the pics in the DIY section.

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: 15:18, Thu 31 July 2008 »
Well the FMIC has been fitted now I only have to move it dow about 2" so that itll fit nicely behind the bumper  8)

Heres some pics of some of the work thats been done lately... (yeah i know the cars not as clean as it should be...) :

dgdogz

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: 16:15, Thu 31 July 2008 »
lookin good man
like th front mount.. i got one on mine too looks amazin and doesnt haf do th job

d