Author Topic: My little 5 GTT project  (Read 9794 times)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: 16:07, Wed 28 May 2008 »
yep, phase 1 plastics cost too much, and its impossible to get a grey front bumper :(
your car's looking good though, i'm into the orriginal looks too but i do like this kit, good luck with the bigger rims  8)

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.oxfordshirechauffeurs.com
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: 16:39, Wed 28 May 2008 »
it sure does look good and you are going to get a few people looking at it when your out and about

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: 18:32, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Thanks alot  :D

The car has cost me an unknown amount of hours in the garage, and im really glad for all the attention it gets. Next on my list after new rims is going to be the engine.

At the moment im awaiting a new heater matrix as the old one is leaking like hell. Again meaning 3-5 weeks untill ill be driving it again  :cry:
(only reason for ordering it from the UK is that in Norway it costs 230+tax!!!!)

Because it costs nearly 70 just getting a package sent to Norway from the UK, I added a new actuator (14-18psi), as my old one is beginning to get a bit loose.

And before I get any technical questions conserning whats done with the engine, ill answer right now: I have no idea...

Still what I do know is what Ive done myself: changed the turbo for a garret T3 good for 300hp, of course the engine cant generate anywhere near that much(im not that stupid hehe). The boost was stable on 1,4-1,5 bar when i drove it last year, and no pinking, allthough it might not be all that accurate because of the not so tight actuator. At the moment its running on 1,2bar. It suffers from a great amount of lag but still when the turbo kicks in at 3500rpm its breathtaking(atleast i think so).  :D

So now its just waiting for parts :(

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: 20:30, Wed 28 May 2008 »
looking good mate love the paint job 8)  8)  8)

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: 20:44, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Im glad you like it  :)

The colour is one of the Mazda Blacks, tho because of all the metal it looks dark grey. Still if I where to respray the car again sometime I want black metallic and flakes. At the moment Im really glad I picked that colour.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: 21:26, Wed 28 May 2008 »
na lex that colour is perfect really sets the car off,another one off 5 8)

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: 21:33, Wed 28 May 2008 »
what rims you going to go for then ?

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: 21:43, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Momo FXL or something else with a black center I think.
Im open for suggestions, as long as theyre not white... dont think white rims would look good on my car.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: 21:47, Wed 28 May 2008 »
some white wheels look stunnig on dark cars,but you gotta get the right style and size,like compomotive mos in 16s

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: 21:49, Wed 28 May 2008 »
iam looking for some new ones for mine a the minuts as dont like the look of mine so when you get some psot a pic so i can have a nosey!!! lol

attually can everyone psot a pic of there wheels so i can see which ones look best, cheers lads, only joking   LOL

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: 21:58, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
some white wheels look stunnig on dark cars,but you gotta get the right style and size,like compomotive mos in 16s

I know, compomotive rims look great, but still i think the car would look duller if i go for white rims. They take the attention away from the rest of the car.

Anyway as written a while ago I need atleast 17"s to get the groundclearance and to fill the gaping holes between the bodykit and rubber.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: 22:00, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Quote from: "lexgtturbo"
Im glad you like it  :)

The colour is one of the Mazda Blacks, tho because of all the metal it looks dark grey. Still if I where to respray the car again sometime I want black metallic and flakes. At the moment Im really glad I picked that colour.

Hey lex,  I meant to post a reply yesterday but as I was typing my laptop went into freeze mode!

This colour is stunning...  I wanted to ask what it was ...but u've already answered my question now  :D  I would deff keep this colour... and hats off for all the time and hard work u've put into your 5!   8)   hearing how much the ph1 kit prices are...  it sounds like a good idea to do something different on a car that wasnt looking its best and making into something that your proud of  8)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: 22:01, Wed 28 May 2008 »
heres some insperation for you bud these are 16s fit beautifully under my arches 195 40 16 rubber

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: 22:03, Wed 28 May 2008 »
what about anthricite or would it be too much grey :?

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: 22:09, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Hmm that might actually work. Need to look for some in that colour.