Author Topic: Marshalls Tungsten R5  (Read 1518 times)

Marshall

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Marshalls Tungsten R5
« on: 15:02, Mon 07 February 2011 »
Well, has taken a bit of time to throw this up since my 'hello' post, just been too busy...

So here it is, it's a '93 Phase 2 which has about 80k on the clock.  Body work wise it needs the windscreen surround sorting out as it's badly repaired (and probably full of filler) but apart from that it seems pretty solid all round.  

I prefer my car's to look as original as possible so the rude boy bonnet in the pics has gone already and I've stuck the original one back on.  Also plan on lifting it 20mm as it's just too low for my liking on it's current 40mm drop all round, it really drags it arse around if I've got any sort of weight in the back (like my not so small little brother).

Spec wise it goes something along the lines of:

Fully Poly-bushed
Gaz adjustible rear shocks
Grooved/vented discs
Scorpion exhaust
T25 turbo and actuator running single pipe cup mod
GT Tuning ram raid induction kit
Group A carb

It's currently pushing out 18psi (any idea what that transfers too in BHP?), which for me is plenty quick enough for now.

Also, after these photo's were taken I had a little 'incident' with the wind while fixing a puncture up in the hills, so now it's got this little beauty:

So I suppose first questions are:  Where can aI get some -20mm springs and does anyone have a Tungy door they'd be willing to let go  :lol:

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Marshalls Tungsten R5
« Reply #1 on: 16:19, Mon 07 February 2011 »
That's some nasty damage on your door! How'd that happen? Looks like your wing has caught a little bit of it as well? Regarding springs I'm not sure how easily you'll get your hands on any -20mm jobbies specifically made for the 5 turbo, you might have to go with -35mm

Marshall

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17:05, Mon 07 February 2011 »
The wind caught it and ripped it out of my hand, almost pulled me out of the car it was that strong.  So yeah, that crease is what happens when the door is forced open further than it should go....   The wing's not too bad, I reckon I can pop most of that out myself without causing any more damage although the door I reckon is a write off as it's dropped on it hinges too..  :(

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20:02, Mon 07 February 2011 »
Shame about the door, Tungsten is such a b*tch to match as well.

Apart from that though it looks nice and tidy.  8)