Author Topic: Smithsgtt R5 GT turbo update 05/04/2009  (Read 23623 times)

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: 22:41, Sat 24 May 2008 »
thanks for the advice i might give that a miss then lol thanks again gttboost

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: 22:35, Wed 04 June 2008 »
iam getting there it only had the bumpers painted and the kit fitted and all primered but no top coat nor laquer so i got to F****** wait not a happy person so heres 2 pics i got by pure chance i fitted a spot and foglight to se what it would look like and got the guages wired up as well but bat nearly dead so ive got to charge it up this weekend when i go and see him. and do some other bits of things ive got in mind ive got the top lid off the dash top modify that so will post pic when ive finished it over the weekend. now that was the bad bit LOL

for the good bit
guages  wired up and light up like a christmas tree

also the pic of the drivers side with the fog and spot light in just to see if they look ok 1 being white as the spot for high beam and the yellow for the fog

will be adding more over the weekend of bit that ive got and modified tehee its becoming fun now LOL also starting to take shape

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: 23:26, Wed 04 June 2008 »
Good to here your cracking on with u'r 5 ...  I really like the front bumper with the twin foggs/driving lamps.

8)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: 23:33, Wed 04 June 2008 »
is that the prima racing tarmac bumber? i had them front and back on my old campus.
i really like the look of them, they remind me of a fiesta turbo.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: 23:58, Wed 04 June 2008 »
Quote from: "scratcher"
is that the prima racing tarmac bumber? i had them front and back on my old campus.
i really like the look of them, they remind me of a fiesta turbo.

I does look like it...  I wanted that kit years ago... It was one of the better kits. I just had eyes bigger than my wallet... and couldnt afford to get it..  wanted it done in raider blue...  old memories!  :lol:

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: 00:17, Thu 05 June 2008 »
shell be a very nice motor when shes painted mate,keep up the good work 8)

ollie91

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: 11:26, Thu 05 June 2008 »
Likeing the playboy floor mats mate. Be good to see when painted  8)
If in doubt GO FLAT OUT!

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: 18:39, Thu 05 June 2008 »
thanks for the replys he's promised to have it ready for next week but iam not holding him to it as well he's doing it at nights for me so its cheaper but annoying

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: 22:20, Sat 14 June 2008 »
well hears the UPDATE  ive still not heard nor have i phoned the paintshop for a update on my car so instead ive been buying things here's one of them

i got my blue dash bulbs threw this morning. thinking of the white dials but not sure had problem with them in my other cars ive had any thought on these would be good .
ive got all the interior plastics in plastic primer ready for painting to black exept the rear quater ones which will be replaced with mdf covered in leather with 2 speakers unknow wich ones liking the thought of 2 x 6.5's but not sure him in doors is  doing a trial for me and i look tomorrow in the shed and see if i like it or not . will be phoning bob at cgb  this week to order  loads more shinny bits

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: 22:22, Sat 14 June 2008 »
Those alloys look really good matey always liked that kind of style myself.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: 22:49, Sat 14 June 2008 »
Quote from: "smithsgtt"
well hears the UPDATE  ive still not heard nor have i phoned the paintshop for a update on my car so instead ive been buying things here's one of them

i got my blue dash bulbs threw this morning. thinking of the white dials but not sure had problem with them in my other cars ive had any thought on these would be good .
ive got all the interior plastics in plastic primer ready for painting to black exept the rear quater ones which will be replaced with mdf covered in leather with 2 speakers unknow wich ones liking the thought of 2 x 6.5's but not sure him in doors is  doing a trial for me and i look tomorrow in the shed and see if i like it or not . will be phoning bob at cgb  this week to order  loads more shinny bits

Good reading u'r update and what you have plannned... that all sounds like good stuff to me!   8)

What were the probs you mentioned you had with your white dials?

Also...  dont those blue bulbs only work on the outer guages and not the middle ones?  (I may be wrong) One thing I'd like to change is the green illuminated original clock...   would like to change that to a blue or red light?  can this be done?

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: 09:50, Sun 15 June 2008 »
look on ebay for the led bulbs for the dash and look and compare it on the sizes of the ones you have fitted.
as for them lighting up the outer ones well at the mo i could not let you ive got every bulb arount 30 of them in blue some are the 501bulb like the side lights. which ive got them in blue aswell ready for after i get it mot'd ive also got 160/80w headlight bulbs with the blue tint light good for fog and snow

as for you question gtboost the guages use to stick the came with the car when i bought it ran it for 6 months and sold it . so i dont know if i really want to take the chance of them sticking on my r5 gt.  ive got a few other things iam looking at this week ive ordered 2 clear foglights to match the spotlights
looking at the oil cooler but unsure on the size and if i need the oil thermostat???
ordered the copper core radiator
iam going to do the breather cup mod to tidy the engine bay up a bit
iam trying to get a discount from sfs but need to wait before i order my hoses.
tubuler manifold a bit ott for the price but i like the write ups if read so that can wait till next month.
my partner he got a smashed evo 6 in last week i looked and thought of the calipers (BREMBO) and thought they would do mine but he said to fit them id need to go up to a set of 17" i know i want to stop but not on a 1pence piece so i think i might stay with what ive got.
ordered my front leather recliners black and blue in colour ive allready got the harness so that i dont need to order.
iam going to pop out and see my rear quater panels with the speakers to see if i like them so will keep you all updated

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: 15:24, Sun 15 June 2008 »
Cheers for the info on the bulbs.  I think with the Lockwood coloured dial kit ...you dont have to touch the needles when you fit them.  So you should be ok with those.  If I decide to change mine to silver... I would only choose the Lockwood kit as they look better quality imo.

Thats a good list of bits you have lined up!   :D   The Brembo brakes would be over kill by the sounds of it. Also unless you have well over 200bhp... I dont think you'll need a tubular manifold.

Post up some pics when you start getting bits sorted... would be good to see it taking shape.

8)

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: 00:17, Mon 23 June 2008 »
a little up date since its been heavy with rain him in doors went for a after hours look at my car tonight to find out if he's got any further on with it eg top coat and laquer well he tells me that the car is shinning like a bitch but he doesnt know if thats due to there just being the street light shining on it but its inside i say's well it must be true i may have my car back this week i need to find out if it'll need anything for a mot so well if it does then i might get to see it more then i have over the last month as him in doors with take it down the workshop and find out for me i know  that iam getting a new alarm and ignition barel and a few other things but to be honest with you iam not ment to know so the other thing he's ordered is the gt tuning exhaust surround avo coil overs i found that 1 by looking at the credit card online recaro or some sort of leather bucket seats are in the back of his van ive also ordered a capacator for my sounds security film light smoke all round new number plate lights ive got some smoked euro lights on the way ohhh and to keep all the welding thats been done good ive got 5ltr of waxoyl on the way from ebay . keep you updated once ive gone and got a new camera from the shop i will be adding pics of the other things in progress. long live the 5 or as he say JOHNNY 5 IS ALIVE

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: 18:28, Mon 23 June 2008 »
some good news there then.
and how lucky, getting all them goodies for it. i wish someone would buy me some, haha.
hope its all going well, looking forward to the photo's.  8)