Author Topic: My Phase 1 (work in progress)  (Read 93100 times)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
My Phase 1 (work in progress)
« on: 14:21, Tue 08 April 2008 »
this is my 5. i got it as a project but turned into more of a restoration.
when i got it he engine was just rebuilt but the turbo and intercooler were nackered so they've been changed, allong with the rear dampers, discs, pads, wheel bearings, lots of welds around the rear susspension and its just gone off to have new sills as you can see straight through them. and its had a new bumper, headlights, pretty much every bulb has been changed, handbrake cables, new horns, new washers, it came with horrible blue ones that sprayed the roof. new door pins, i've had to do other bits and peices but thats all i can think of now.
the pictures rubish because i took it on my phone, i left my camera in a taxi a few weeks ago... gutted :(

the sideskirts are in the back, the tape is just to stop the aches flapping about till the skirts go back on, haha.

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 14:30, Tue 08 April 2008 »
i'm off work for the week with face and head injuries (thought i could still ride a bmx) so i thought i'd put up some pictures of when i took the back bumper off

gave it a little fix, and some astra vxr paint, haha.

and what the weaher man gave me when i just got the old turbo out

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 16:04, Tue 08 April 2008 »
Nice project, shame about the weather ruining play time!

Nice colour aswell, are you keeping the bodykit un-painted? I think it looks nice against the blue.  8)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 16:18, Tue 08 April 2008 »
cheers man. yeah, i'm keepin all the kit unpainted. i really like the original look to it.

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 17:29, Tue 08 April 2008 »
Quote from: "scratcher"
cheers man. yeah, i'm keepin all the kit unpainted. i really like the original look to it.

If you do paint the bodykit tungy grey will look good against the electric blue.

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 17:34, Tue 08 April 2008 »
yeah it would. i think i've seen one like that in a mag with the engine in the back? it'd be easier than trying to find grey replacement bits, haha.

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 17:52, Tue 08 April 2008 »
Quote from: "scratcher"
yeah it would. i think i've seen one like that in a mag with the engine in the back? it'd be easier than trying to find grey replacement bits, haha.

Yeah that was the Not Normal (RTOC) car built and prepared by Scoff & Haz @ Nocturnal Developments had the 1.7 volve lump in the back very nice car the BBPT car was also the same colours does look very nice aswell.

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 18:01, Tue 08 April 2008 »
it was the bb demo car that made me want a blue one. it was well hard to find, only cost 500 notes though. its a shame i've had to change most parts on it. everythings running fine on it now so when the weldings done i'll be happy with it. (fingers crossed)

ollie91

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 19:06, Tue 08 April 2008 »
nice project u got there mate ive just got hold off me phase1 now and in same boat as u bit of restoring to do but all good hope all goes well  :wink:
If in doubt GO FLAT OUT!

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 13:57, Wed 09 April 2008 »
cheers ollie. i seen the pics of your car, i hope it goes well.

i've dug out a couple of photos of the engine bay. its a bit dirty, when the engine was re-done the bonnet was left off for a while in the garrage before i picked it up. its got a new, bigger air filter in now and the dump vale is going so hopefully i'll get some nice chatter. do 5 engines run chatter? i hope so, haha. and i'm trying to find a newer, cleaner header tank, this one looks rank.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 15:37, Wed 09 April 2008 »
You should hear it chatter away with a cone filter.  8)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 22:37, Thu 10 April 2008 »
nice motor mate, have you got a lot of welding to do or is she quit solid?shell be well smart when shes done,you gotta just keep goin with these 5s dont give up and youll end up with a crackin motor  8)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: 12:00, Fri 11 April 2008 »
cheers baz. there's not a lot of welding to do. just the sills, inner and outer. its been with a guy this week and i'm getting it back tomorrow. 350 for both sides, i think it was a pretty good price. it'll be back down the MOT shop next week and hopefuly on the road next weekend, funds permitting. just in time for some good weather.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: 22:20, Fri 11 April 2008 »
nice, thats what im aiming for,the weather is just starting to get nice aswell,thats a pretty good price for both sides tho welding aint cheap,good luck with her youll have to post some piccys of her whens shes done mate :D

ollie91

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: 16:48, Sat 12 April 2008 »
do love that colour mate fair play keep me posted on it  :wink:
If in doubt GO FLAT OUT!