Author Topic: Track day R5 gtt ph1  (Read 6324 times)

nestor

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Track day R5 gtt ph1
« on: 14:00, Fri 21 March 2008 »
Hi from Greece!!!!
After 3 years of absence,it feels good to here again!!!!
Here is an update on my gtt....
This was my car some years ago,when I joined this forum....
http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157

This is how ot looks now...

and if you want more,click here..http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/nestoraero/R5%20gt%20turbo/?start=all

Specs....
R5 gtt ph 1 mod '87
Stock engine
Rejeted stock carburator
Hybrid turbo ckarger,front t2,back t22
Front mount intercooler from ford sierra cosworth with custom made pipes.
Custom made radiator,15cm wider and 1cm thicker,no thermostat and low temp ventilator switch.
Bilstein front coilovers and bilstein shocks for the back.
Polyrace bushes
Brembo brake disks,stock size,Galfer pads
Custom 60mm exhaust
OMP roll cage
Cuctom rear strut brace
Sparco rev carbon bucket seats (2)
OMP 6 point seat belts (2)
15'' wheels with Yokohama A048 tires

Still a lot of things to do on my list....but it's already fun to drive...
First of all,I'm looking for a limited slip differential....any ideas????
then an engine rebuilt,even if it works fine...just to be sure....

That's all....for now..... :wink:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 19:29, Fri 21 March 2008 »
Hey Nester...  great looking 5!  I like the full OMP cage... looks very neat... and the carbon bucket seats look really smart and ultra light too!  8)   How did you mount your drivers seat that high up?  did you customise the seat mounts?  I havent found any that go high enough for mine yet.. so was going to get some fabricated  (also have carbon seats)  I guess your driver side is on runners, as I'm the only one that drives mine...I just wanted to have them both fixed to save weight with runners.

nestor

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 23:26, Fri 21 March 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTboost"
Hey Nester...  great looking 5!  I like the full OMP cage... looks very neat... and the carbon bucket seats look really smart and ultra light too!  8)   How did you mount your drivers seat that high up?  did you customise the seat mounts?  I havent found any that go high enough for mine yet.. so was going to get some fabricated  (also have carbon seats)  I guess your driver side is on runners, as I'm the only one that drives mine...I just wanted to have them both fixed to save weight with runners.

I have hight adjustable mounts and the drivers seat is mounted on universal runners that were customised to fit to the mounts and bolted to the car's floor.
The co-drivers seat mount is bolted directly to the floor,so when you see the 2 seats it seems like the drivers one is high....but actually the other one is too low..... :wink:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 00:01, Sat 22 March 2008 »
Quote from: "nestor"

I have hight adjustable mounts and the drivers seat is mounted on universal runners that were customised to fit to the mounts and bolted to the car's floor.
The co-drivers seat mount is bolted directly to the floor,so when you see the 2 seats it seems like the drivers one is high....but actually the other one is too low..... :wink:

Thanks!   rally cars have there co-driver seat that low to keep the weight lower down so yours looks good as its a race car.  I'll try and sort mine out soon..  cheers for the info  :wink:

Arturas-zender

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.emusic.lt
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 07:19, Sat 22 March 2008 »
nice car ... and  ZENDER wheels  :wink:   :D

steves_r5turbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 13:12, Sat 22 March 2008 »
that looks sweet i am loving the track look  such a change in the old pics to how it looks now

and what are them wheels off as im liking them alot

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 14:09, Sat 22 March 2008 »
They look like ph 1 wheels...but bigger??

Car looks very nice, i love the picture in your sig cocking the rear wheel..

Arturas-zender

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.emusic.lt
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 14:37, Sat 22 March 2008 »
it is ZENDER wheels , from R11 turbo zender , also some kind of lancia delta integrale used them.  :roll:

the only diference is that nestor do not have covers  :wink:

BNZ

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://roadrunners.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1283
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 17:37, Sat 22 March 2008 »
I havent found any that go high enough for mine yet.. so was going to get some fabricated  (also have carbon seats)  I guess your driver side is on runners, as I'm the only one that drives mine...I just wanted to have them both fixed to save weight with runners.

Race-seat mounts from OMP,i've got them,same hight as his
www.sandtler.de

50 euros !

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 18:31, Sat 22 March 2008 »
Quote from: "BNZ"
I havent found any that go high enough for mine yet.. so was going to get some fabricated  (also have carbon seats)  I guess your driver side is on runners, as I'm the only one that drives mine...I just wanted to have them both fixed to save weight with runners.

Race-seat mounts from OMP,i've got them,same hight as his
www.sandtler.de

50 euros !

Cheers for the link looks good 8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 18:33, Sat 22 March 2008 »
Quote from: "Arturas-zender"
it is ZENDER wheels , from R11 turbo zender , also some kind of lancia delta integrale used them.  :roll:

the only diference is that nestor do not have covers  :wink:

They also remind me a bit of the Ronal Turbo wheels... but these dont stick out like the Ronals..   really look good on your 5!   8)

nestor

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 14:25, Sun 23 March 2008 »
Tnx for the good words everybody!!!
I really don't know what brand my wheels are....I got them from a friend of mine and I had to open the center so to fit my car....he was using them on a toyota starlet...since they are 4x100 and et36 they were just fine.... :D

p.s.
The picture on my sig is without the bilsteins....I was using yellow konis at the front with springs from R19 16v and kayaba shocks from renault kangoo at the back....now with the new suspension the rear wheals stay much closer to the road and the front of the car handles a lot better than before....

nestor

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: 09:49, Wed 26 March 2008 »
I did some searching on the net about the wheels....they are Zender and the model is turbo I ..... :D

ollie91

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: 16:13, Thu 03 April 2008 »
Nice motor mate would you be able to send me the paint code please  :wink:
Thanks Ollie
If in doubt GO FLAT OUT!

nestor

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: 13:41, Wed 25 February 2009 »
Here I am again after a long time.....
I see that a lot of people are in the club and a lot of new and interesting information is available!!!
Unfortunately the last 8 months I couldn't drive my 5 as much as I wanted but some work was done even if I still haven't tested some of my mods...
First of all I turned my differential into limited slip by using this..
http://www.phantomgrip.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=156 with the uprated springs.
The result is very promissing,it seems to work very nice but still I have to learn how to take full advantage of it.
I sold my suspension (bilstein coilovers) for a set of ph2 konis that are custom rebuilted for my needs.
With that suspension fitted with ph2 top mounts,I got 2.5 degrees of camber!!!
I did that because the bilsteins didn't work properly...thay came out of a clio ph1...the shocks were to long and in tight cornering they bumped on the bump stops and the car was hoping during hard cornering...not good...
I also fitted 2cm wheel spacers on the front wheels...still haven't tested the new suspension with the spacers....but I think that with the bigger camber angle and my new yoko a048 soft tyres all around,the result will at least worth the money...
Still my to do list is big,but slowly is getting smaller!!!
In about 10 days there is a track day and I just can't wait to see how my 5 will handle...
I'll keep ypu posted!!!

p.s.
nice to be back again!!!!!!!!!