Author Topic: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...  (Read 105707 times)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: 17:07, Mon 10 March 2008 »
Quote from: "4364_James"
Very very very nice wish my tungy was that clean.

What car washing liquid do you use? An what polish do you use?

Looks like your strut to hub bolts are facing the wrong way.

Thanks guys.

Yep,  those bolts are now back in the right way.. well spotted tho!  :wink:

These are the main ones I use when it gets a going over.. in this order..  

Meguiars gold wash
Meguiars clay bar   (used on glass and wheels as well)
P21s polish
Mothers wax

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: 20:56, Tue 11 March 2008 »
hey mate where did u get that discs from,they lookthe same as the ones i put on my missus car i bought them from crn products off of ebay great discs they really do the job

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: 21:29, Tue 11 March 2008 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
hey mate where did u get that discs from,they lookthe same as the ones i put on my missus car i bought them from crn products off of ebay great discs they really do the job

Yes,  thats prob the same place...  they were off ebay..  I think they are still selling them on there.  I was going for bigger disks and 4 pots but really want to still be able to fit the 13's from time to time..  would be a shame to not keep those :)  so these worked fine.... and it still stops! lol.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: 21:43, Tue 11 March 2008 »
exactly mate they do the job and look nice,i think thats the setup for me what pads u running,ive that green stuff on the front and there brutal on the discs the pads still look like new but the ebc discs are almost no existant,the dimples and grooves are almost not there!what do your 15s look like?

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: 21:45, Tue 11 March 2008 »
forgot to post the under side..   8)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: 21:54, Tue 11 March 2008 »
hey bud ur crazy this car should be sitting in your living room  :lol: that is soooooooo clean i would be scared to drive it!do you want to come to aberdeen and finish my car  :lol: thats amazing i hope mines is half as good as yours mate 8) keep up the good work

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: 22:04, Tue 11 March 2008 »
hey bud ur crazy this car should be sitting in your living room  :lol: that is soooooooo clean i would be scared to drive it!do you want to come to aberdeen and finish my car  :lol: thats amazing i hope mines is half as good as yours mate 8) keep up the good work

Cheers Baz...   u gotta be crazy to own one of these cars..  :lol:   but with the pads..  I wont be using it on the track... and just went for the black EBC kevlar pads and stops very well.  I may change around the brakes later tho... I have heard ferodo brake pads ds2500 are the best option for track.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: 10:00, Wed 12 March 2008 »
I have Ferodo DS2500's & they are excellent pads, bloody expensive though.
I found the standard EBC's better than the Green stuff....

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: 13:01, Wed 12 March 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTBoy"
I have Ferodo DS2500's & they are excellent pads, bloody expensive though.
I found the standard EBC's better than the Green stuff....

Nice one  8)  do they work well from cold?  I was on the brink of getting some when I did the brakes..  quite a few of the track day guys use these and swear by them.  I am really tempted to go for some Wilwoods that fit under the standard wheels...but too many other things being done at the mo.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: 18:07, Wed 12 March 2008 »
ill maybe give them a try!!spotted some omp front and rears on ebay cheap enough dont know if theyd be any good,

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: 15:25, Sat 22 March 2008 »
Since its been put on a diet.....

Hafis

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: 19:42, Sun 23 March 2008 »
SRY if words offend u but that is the best f****** r5gtt i have ever f****** see its f****** awesome!

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: 21:00, Sun 23 March 2008 »
Quote from: "Hafis"
SRY if words offend u but that is the best f****** r5gtt i have ever f****** see its f****** awesome!

Thanks Hafis...    :lol:   I cant wait for this summer  8)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: 22:58, Tue 25 March 2008 »
yeh mate just what he said,cant believe how clean she is inside and out, 8) 8)  8)  8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: 23:50, Tue 25 March 2008 »
yeh mate just what he said,cant believe how clean she is inside and out, 8) 8)  8)  8)

Thanks Baz mate.   There really is no dents, scratches or rust...anywhere on this car...  I have gone over it with a fine tooth comb and wouldnt rest if there was...  i sometimes wish I wasnt so fussy as i can have everything looking spot on and still want to improve it somehow... which explains why the underside ..under arches and inside and everywhere looks so tidy...I just keep going until there nothing left to make it look spot on....even the bits nobody will ever see are like new.

I took it to the supermarket today for a drive out...  a nice lot of boot space for the Beers! lol... and was stopped by someone that wanted to look over it... they couldnt believe it!  Really makes it worthwhile when someone like that enjoys seeing the car.

Nearly done 200 miles now since the engine rebuild...  roll on the summer :D